#1November 1st, 2009 · 01:45 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Is It You? (Third Edit)
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 1 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-11

A cover. My third (and final) vocal edit of this song. I recorded some parts, after finding the correct key (Gm). I think it picks up during the second verse. I'm not sure if it's that much of a difference. If it is, cool, If not, oh well...I'm looking for someone else to sing it if they/you want to?..

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2November 1st, 2009 · 04:34 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the vox sound much better, the key change certainly make them cut through better.
with some vocal training/practice you may one day be able to record without the pitch corrector.

Yeah finding a pro singer would be interesting, perhaps someone hear on the AMP could have a go??

#3November 1st, 2009 · 10:22 AM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
^Ha, yeah, that's what I was sort of (discreetly) hinting at.
Thanks for all your help, Denis.
#4November 1st, 2009 · 12:29 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
This song has come a very long way. It's by far the best copy yet; very well done.

If you do look for a new vocalist, I'd suggest someone who has your tone of voice, because it suits the genre very well. If that goes wrong, it's like getting Hannah Montana to start rapping.

Anyways, back to the song, I don't have much to critique - nicely done!

--XFactor--

EDIT: Remember to credit your covers! ORIGINAL (Is It You - Cassie):

#5November 2nd, 2009 · 03:28 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Thanks. I'm glad I finally got it right
#6November 2nd, 2009 · 09:35 PM
8 threads / 2 songs
79 posts
United States of America
The vocals do sound a lot better, I still like this song because it's got a nice groove, it's something I'd like to hear at parties. I think it would sound better with more practice on vocals and no autotune though, the autotune is too overused in popular music these days.
#7November 2nd, 2009 · 10:18 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
claudebukowski wrote…
The vocals do sound a lot better, I still like this song because it's got a nice groove, it's something I'd like to hear at parties. I think it would sound better with more practice on vocals and no autotune though, the autotune is too overused in popular music these days.

I think the autotune is what messed up my original mix.  But, personally, for me I've always loved the sound of auto tune in songs. But, I understand how it may be a bit much for some people. 
#8November 24th, 2009 · 04:28 PM
Nice..............not my normal thing but I like it:)
#9November 25th, 2009 · 06:07 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
Soulsupplement wrote…
Nice..............not my normal thing but I like it:)

Cool. This, along with 'Insomniatic', are my favorite tracks that I've uploaded here! Glad you enjoyed it.
#10December 4th, 2009 · 09:20 PM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
2nd song of yours i've listened to, i'm tryin to go through them all...
Love the punchy guitary/bass hook intro thingy...
This isn't my sort of music at all but you do it so well...its dead sweet, but not in a sickly way! Love the effect on the vocal around 2.30, and all the harmonies...
oh, but i dont like the ending...
still, pretty awesome none the less
#11February 15th, 2011 · 10:55 PM
60 threads / 45 songs
149 posts
United States of America
1 of me favs five stars again        
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.