#1October 13th, 2009 · 07:57 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Autumn Leaves

This song is not in a battle

Wow, this was probably the fastest-composed song I've made... Well actually, I didn't write this, but it was just improvised on the spot.

I came home after yet another crappy day at school, but one thing was different. I hadn't noticed it until the car was pulling up to the street where my house was - I took out my headphones and noticed something beautiful.

The leaves were turning colour.

When I got home, I went straight to the piano (keeping the window open) and started playing on it, memorizing the basic chords, then adding the higher octave solo line to it.

You can criticize me on my skillfulness - I took around 2-3 years of piano and quit because I hated the theory. So yeah. Here's something I came up with in a few minutes.

--XFactor--

P.S. If you have to ask... It's not MIDI, but the piano was electronic.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 13th, 2009 · 08:04 PM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
A wonderful interlude as I leave the office and drive home.  It's a beautiful time of year.  Arizona doesn't get as much of the leaves changing colors (by merit of the fact that there are no real trees ), but I definitely feel the sentiment you're passing along.

It sounds great to me!
#3October 15th, 2009 · 04:23 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ahh the Seasons, Autumn has such a lovely blend of warm, peaceful colours.

So yeah, it's something you can build on, you have captured to mood beautifully, now yo have to build on it to make it a complete song.

#4October 16th, 2009 · 08:09 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Autumn Leaves
Aaaaah A lovely noodle.............
sit down by the piano and let it flow.........
nice one...

relaxed ....... fish
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.