Current votes: 3 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-11

Enotoff Brothers Band

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 11th, 2009 · 09:58 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
very nice! Emotive (even though I don't speak the language, I can feel an emotive quality here), I'm liking the "buildup", the really fine instrumentation, the nice song structure. Very professional quality here. Do I hear a Celtic quality to this? Is there a possibility you could post a translation of the lyrics? (it would help us to appreciate all the qualities of this song)
#3October 11th, 2009 · 02:57 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
41 posts
Russia
Battlecat, thank you) This song about Ireland, lyrics by Zinaida Gippius (October 29, 1917). I can translate but it will be not poetical.....
Oh, Ireland
I've never been this country...
And never will be there.
Why is it swell misty
In the clarity of the local intertwined?

I don't know it...
and never know...
So why cut my grief its blade sharp rocks?

I don't know what is dawn there
I don't know how in sky groaning gulls.
Along with the memory of the world
I pass through time...

Oh, Ireland, the unknown!
Oh, Russia, my country!
We are equal
And we are live on one planet....

there is. Of course, the translation is inaccurate and not poetical..........................
#4October 11th, 2009 · 03:10 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
This song touched me. Very beautiful. The only thing I might try different is to eliminate the vocalist's scream at the end of the guitar solo. Seems like it fits, but, at the same time, it might be a bit too much.
#5October 11th, 2009 · 03:51 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
41 posts
Russia
Well, I wouldn't call it a scream)))). just meaning, there should be more emotional to sing)
#6October 11th, 2009 · 09:48 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Loved the arrangement, the lyrics seem great in English!

This was truly a great song - it gave me the chills throughout many parts! The guitar solo was epic, the violin was played very well and I think volume levels were adjusted perfectly.

The scream after the guitar solo, in my opinion, was GREAT! Well done!

The little flute/violin duet thing at the end was soooo cool.

Excellently done!

--XFactor--
#7October 11th, 2009 · 10:33 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Thanks for posting the lyrics...they "tie it all together" (give the song even more meaning) You guys carried out the Celtic feel quite well......by the way....I didn't feel that was a scream at the end of the guitar solo...it was simply singing! Again, nice work!!!
#8October 12th, 2009 · 07:48 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Obviously it wasn't a scream. But that's the best word I could think of at the moment. Seems a bit contrived. It would be something to consider hearing the song without it to compare.
#9October 12th, 2009 · 05:23 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
41 posts
Russia
thank you))) battlecat right, it is doesn't screame)) just...singing)))))
#10October 12th, 2009 · 07:00 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I don't care how battlecat critiqued my review. And you keep on disregarding my critique. I'm offering you help. Regardless of how anyone wants to nick-pick at my choice of adjective use, please accept my point of view. Thank You.
#11October 13th, 2009 · 01:16 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Very good quality, for sure.

Very well composed.  It sounds like a finished product, and I thus have very little to say!    Great work.  I'll be sure to slap a rating on the song.
#12October 13th, 2009 · 02:02 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
41 posts
Russia
witchwyzwurd, thank you for your opinion.... but...in fact the song is already recorded, and the album has already sold....
#13October 13th, 2009 · 03:20 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
41 posts
Russia
sorry TonightsLastSong....Thanks a lot))))
#14October 27th, 2009 · 07:35 PM
20 threads / 18 songs
93 posts
United Kingdom
I thought checking out this months 'battlers' would be as good a place as any to catch up on some of the fine choonage ive been missing out on. Top Banana Sir! The second it started , i was diving...neigh....doing the forward crawl through a wave of vinyl to surface with The Furey Brothers & Davey Arthur singing ' Morning Lies Heavy '.....i am in no way making a comparison...im just saying your track is as uncannily pleasing to listen too. Now theres a compliment..! Im off to check the rest of you out now. Once again, Top Banana.
#15October 28th, 2009 · 03:12 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Beautiful!
I love celtic music, and this song has a lot of it.
The scream was perfect there, in my opinion.
At the beginning I was telling myself "So this going to be another cheap pop song" but then, with flute solo, I just started to change my opinion.
And, PLEASE!!!, I want more of the ending; that was amazing, but too short!

> Iszil
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 2:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.