#1October 10th, 2009 · 06:22 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
20 posts
Czech Republic
Deep Hole

This song is not in a battle

ok, thats a track (who would guessed it!), i recorded lately... i intend to have it on demo, but i dont know, if its not too short (i mean the second part)... its an instrumental, i didnt managed to record vocals, as i dont have room with foam - they sound bad (you wouldnt like them either :-D)

hope someone will like it...

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 11th, 2009 · 12:48 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Umm... I'm not really sure what to say about this...

It's a bit chaotic like Eftos' music, but the notes are possibly a bit too random? The chords seem to clash all over the place - maybe that's my personal preference on music.

What genre would this song belong in?

I guess if you look at this at a more abstractive level, the flow of the song is quite unique compared to others.

--XFactor--
#3October 11th, 2009 · 05:21 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
20 posts
Czech Republic
thanks for your critic... ok, i have to listen to eftos :-D

its supposed to be black metal(not totally raw (in means of songwriting)- i hope that i go towards some avantgarde ), to tell the truth, and yes, i didnt thought of/used any key... so it is kinda random, except the synth (1st melody, and the one after solo) which is (A - not sure) harmonic minor  ... i just went for some dissonance and disharmony 

but they're not totally random... i planned to have some atonal parts(i rewrited them later), but i had some plan about that piece...

i am going to study some theory soon - kinda hope that my songwriting will get better
#4October 12th, 2009 · 08:54 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Wow! By reading your previous comment, I sort of understand how and why this song sounds the way it is. You've definitely put thought into this (as I can now tell from the technical stuff behind it), but I think you should try toning down a bit. I don't know if that's the right advice to give you because I'm an amateur myself, but music doesn't always have to have all that "jazz" (in no reference to the genre) behind it. Sometimes, a song could just spring up from playing around on a guitar or piano. Of course, if it doesn't sound good on one of those instruments, it's not likely to sound good on another, so maybe that should be your starting point. So yeah. Just remember, everyone had to start somewhere (I kinda started off with MIDI and never moved away from that, hahaha)!

--XFactor--
#5October 13th, 2009 · 12:44 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
20 posts
Czech Republic
interesting... half of the song actually came from playing my guitar  ... i assume, that my things will give more sense from now on, because, they will be more convetional... let's see

//youre not the only one, who was  "confused" by this... my friend also couldnt tell the genre 
#6October 13th, 2009 · 01:08 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
Interesting..

I felt like I could have been playing my old DOS game, "Descent" to the music

It's not really my kind of music, but it's clear to me that you have understanding of what you are doing, and what you want out of it, so keep at it
#7December 4th, 2009 · 12:02 AM
38 threads / 31 songs
91 posts
United States of America
This sounds like something that would go well with a movie, video, or TV show.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 10:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.