#1October 10th, 2009 · 04:36 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Amen

This song is not in a battle

After playing around with my KORG-10 DS Synth, I looked up more about techno and came across the "Amen Break". So I took the first bar of that, "looped" it, and made this, all on my DS.

(I didn't know how to use FL Studio with MP3 files... Oh well. Guess a simple Audacity recording had to cut it.)

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 10th, 2009 · 06:29 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
20 posts
Czech Republic
let's dance!
ok, i don't know much about this music, but i like it ... your song has some energy in it and it feels nice... but i still feel, that it's just some kind of improvisation - it lacks something... like story(meaning) or so, thats why its good, that the song is short
#3October 10th, 2009 · 06:59 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Yeah, I know what it's missing - the main thing is the sound quality. See, the output of a Nintendo DS isn't that great, nor is it any better when hooked up into the microphone slot, so I think the main issue with the sound is the lack of "bass". There's not enough "oomph" too it, I guess, which even an equalizer can't fix... The tempo and flow of the song hints at it while it goes, and the drums aren't any better either, hahaha.

Still, thanks for the feedback - I'll be looking forward to writing drum tracks in FL Studio soon...!

--XFactor--
#4October 18th, 2009 · 03:01 PM
15 threads / 8 songs
322 posts
Sweden
I agree with the bass part, it would give it more 'oomph'. But, overall this sounds really cool.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 6:49 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.