#1October 4th, 2009 · 01:51 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
For Lydia

This song is not in a battle

Barebones recording of a new song. Just acoustic guitar. One part basically. Doubling of guitar behind strummed parts to add depth. Reverb added. Plans to add on other instruments to add flavor. I hear at least strings and electric/distorted guitar in some areas. Asking Lydia if she's interested in recording vocals to it.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2October 4th, 2009 · 05:20 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Good work on the guitar. How did you get such a crisp tone? It sounds awesome. The harmonics are also a nice touch.

Maybe it's just me, but some parts sound a bit off. Some examples would be at 0:33 and 1:10.

More instruments would definitely make this sound better. Some percussion?
#3October 4th, 2009 · 06:27 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Hmmm. At :33? That's just a continuation of the basic riff. What do you mean by off?

At 1:10? It sounds like I might have went a bit fast there (is that what you hear?).

I've listened to the track with auto-tempo playing, and it stays pretty much right on target. I'll take another listen. I can always re-record certain riffs if need be. Thanks for pointing that out.

The crisp tone is basically the natural sound of the Martin electric/acoustic I'm using recorded just w/ pick up. Then I equed it and added a hint of reverb. That's it. Also, I doubled up each part and on the cloned track pasted it .018 ahead of other track to give depth.

Other instruments: I hear alot more w/ this and percussion. This is basically posted for a girl Lydia to hear and decide if she wants to write lyrics and sing to it.
#4October 6th, 2009 · 02:40 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
You got a fantastic sound from that guitar, it's so clear!

It's a really nice composition, there may be a few hiccups but I can't tell if that's you or my internet connection. You could use something around 1:30 just to make it a bit more lively in contrast to the picking you have before and after. If you do add instruments I really hope you keep it acoustic, I really think you'd muddy the whole composition with a distorted guitar (but that may just be me). I'd opt for more strings. Maybe a 12 string to support it all and give it more resonance during the strummed parts.

It sounds great. I think Lydia will have a hard time singing to this though so if you plan on turning it into a vocal song you'll either need to work hard at it or simplify the composition altogether. Great work, definitely worth the listen. Good luck with this.
#5October 12th, 2009 · 01:20 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Are you planing to do it all yourself, or are you looking to collaborate with others?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 6:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.