#1September 26th, 2009 · 02:27 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Cover - Wild Horses

This song is not in a battle

Hi all,
 I have never uploaded a cover tune before, but so many artists have been re-doing this song lately, I have decided to do my own rendition.  I am fully aware that I am no perfected lead vocalist but again, if you listen to The Rolling Stones version or any of their songs for that matter...... neither is Mick,,,,,, of course  strictly my opinion.  Anyways, I hope you enjoy my version. Ive been out of contact from the amp for awhile due to personal issues, so this song is the first tune Ive recorded in the past 2 months. As always..... all comments and critiques are  welcomed  *
Peace Always!
~ Fiddlah ~

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 26th, 2009 · 04:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I could just picture seeing you perform this to a live audiance.
It's sung with great emotion, well performed.

Well done Fid, keep 'em coming
#3September 26th, 2009 · 04:45 PM
22 threads / 22 songs
64 posts
United States of America
Nice recording.
Thats a tight ol school song!
#4September 27th, 2009 · 03:03 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
awesome job fid, welcome back man! great song to comeback to the amp to!  

great job singing, and like denis said I can see you doing this live.

awesome song and awesome job!!!

lol i agree with you about mick on that one
#5September 27th, 2009 · 03:20 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
This is one of my favorite Stones songs. You definitely did an awesome song justice. Great job on this.

Although Mick's voice isn't perfect, he sung with a lot of emotion, which I think is what counts.
#6September 28th, 2009 · 09:20 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Wow,,,,,,,,  ~ thanks so much for all the compliments folks!  It's really good to be back and with quite the welcome I must say. It's funny both Denis and Kunadiun mentioned that you both could imagine this being performed live because years ago Billy (our bass player) and myself took 1st place in a talent show that was also a benefit for cancer, playing this song and it was done very similar to the way I recorded this. I'm really glad you enjoyed this. It's also not only one of my favorite Stones tunes but also one of my all time favs as well.  And Dazed is absolutely correct..... it's not the talent in many cases ..... it's "always" the emotion that counts!
 Thanks so much again for the compliments , and from extremely talented musicians. That means so much to me!
 ~ Peace as always ~
Fid
#7January 7th, 2011 · 09:01 PM
1 threads / 1 songs
10 posts
United States of America
This really sounds great!  I'm impressed with the chorus and how you harmonize.  And I think "imperfect" vocals give a more emotional experience.  I really like this rendition of the song.
#8January 10th, 2011 · 05:35 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I get an REM feel from the vocal, high, on the edge, full of emotion.
I really like this, it's very touching, as it should be. A worthy rendition indeed!

I used to hate Mick Jagger as a child but then I grew to realise the talent and beauty in his 'perfectly imperfect' voice.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:04 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.