#1September 20th, 2009 · 01:09 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Machine Elf

This song is not in a battle

Ambient/dubstep/IDM.

I've been listening to a lot of Boards of Canada lately. They're definitely an inspiration.

Turn on, tune in, drop out.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 20th, 2009 · 05:20 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
Though I almost never listen to ambient music, but I like it, it's something unusual. This sounds good. I'm not sure if there are vocals in this music genre, but I can imagine them here, with reverb, EQ, something like that. What do you think?
#3September 20th, 2009 · 08:22 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
good effects with the synth sounds
lounge style, very nice
#4September 20th, 2009 · 12:57 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
This was really hypnotic, from start to finish. I liked how the beat kicked in at 0:55 and how it got "muffled out" along with a beat change at 1:22. The sci-finess of the song psyched me out a bit, but that's just my personal preference.

Good stuff.

--XFactor--
#5September 20th, 2009 · 06:24 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Martis93- Haven't heard many vocals in ambient songs but when used wisely, they can sound very nice. I've been trying to find some short vocal samples to add here and there but can't find any good ones.

TK- Thanks, it took me forever to find some decent synth sounds and improve on them.

XFactor- Hypnotic, eh? That was my goal 
#6September 20th, 2009 · 09:25 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Good listen..Sounds like the cygnus VSt...Love the way you put together the drum beat to the trance like synth work.I hear some minor clips on my head phones at times(not many) ,not sure where its coming from,nothing sounds to loud..Did you render something to use it as a wave instead of the Vst?If you did maybe the original level had a bit of overhead ouput,if not then maybe Im just going crazy..Anyways awesome track here!
#7September 22nd, 2009 · 12:36 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
WOW!!!!  So strange to hear chilled out music accompanying a dubstep-esque beat.  And its a really nice change to hear!  As has been said - incredibly hypnotic.  As far as vocals go, some sparesely placed samples can sometimes sound great, sometimes really bugger the song.  If you search for some of Devo's drum n bass on bandamp, i think he uses old movie samples incredibly well, if ur lookin for some inspiration.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 1:07 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.