#1September 19th, 2009 · 05:05 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
New Horizons

This song is not in a battle

So... This is what I consider my best orchestral piece so far, featuring a 4-part choir, taiko drum, high and low string parts, and chimes. Also, there's a solo Sitar and Shamisen (or whatever it's called...) in there, along with my attempt to match their genres, haha. It took me a few hours to write, compared to my 1-2 hour sessions with other songs.

Hope you enjoy it.

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 20th, 2009 · 05:14 AM
6 threads / 4 songs
25 posts
Lithuania
Man, this is so awesome! Except when the notes of these choirs change, it sounds a bit unrealistic, but this is so good. I can clearly see it as a soundtrack for some movie or TV show, something.

Keep up the good work!
#3September 20th, 2009 · 12:05 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
LOL LOL dude the place where my dad works is called New Horizons. Its a computer training center.

this song is really awesome!!
i agree with martis, some of it (like the changes) are unrealistic but absolutely this is your best orchestral piece so far.

excellent job
#4September 20th, 2009 · 09:27 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice one X..How the hell your orchestrate this stuff is beyond me. Awesome arrangement ,you need to work on your VST,the midi things does you no justice!
#5September 21st, 2009 · 12:01 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Hahaha, yeah, the MIDI drives everyone mad, don't worry.

I guess I've had some practice with writing concert music before, but it wasn't so friendly with the converter, so I didn't upload them. Also, I have yet to figure out how to use VSTs, but I know it does help in regulating volume (and I know where VSTs are needed in my song too, ironically).

The alternative to the weird sounding voice "attacks" in this song was an "oo-wah" sound instead. Like I've mentioned countless times in my other posts about my MIDI, the converter I use is extremely limited, so my options are limited.

The way I write my music is note-by-note, post-traditional style notation, with multi-point controllers here and there. Anyways, yeah, guess it's mediocre for a 15-year old musician?

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:16 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.