#1September 6th, 2009 · 04:26 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Open Your Eyes

This song is not in a battle

Decided to have a crack at combining electronica with (what sound to me like) arabic scales.  Kinda sounds a bit weird but I just went with it.  Chucked in a few samples of old George Dubya speaking on September 11th too seeing as its the anniversary coming up soon.  Cant decide if its finished or not yet so let me know what you think.  And any tips on EQing would be great.  Word of warning - I have only played this through my Creative speakers...so not sure what it sounds like on headphones or anything without a sub.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 6th, 2009 · 06:06 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
I really enjoyed this. I could definitely see this playing at a rave.

Listening through headphones. A few instruments sound muddled at the 3:05-3:20 or so. I would pan them out more.

Nice build-up throughout the whole song.

The "open your eyes" part gave me the creeps...

Reminds me a lot of Shpongle. Trippy psychedelic ambient shit.
#3September 6th, 2009 · 11:58 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
wow this is freaking awesome. The eq is pretty qreat. The music definitely made bush's speech sound evil haha. I think it's appropriate you mixed that speech with an eastern feeling because of the war between U.S. and terrorist in Iraq. Wow I love the "open your eyes part" gave me the goosebumps. I'm sorry, but that actually scared me. I like this a lot. Woah, this is freaking awesome. I can only critisize on the percussion in the beginning. It felt out of sync or broken in my opinion and it got better. 5-stars bro!! i'm going to download it too haha
#4September 7th, 2009 · 07:09 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Very descent mix kobeshi.
Voice over works a treat , like the yup eastern ambience and the overall sparseness of the instrumentation , leaves plenty of space .
Nicely done mate  
#5September 8th, 2009 · 04:50 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback guys! 

Dazed - Yeah i see what you mean about panning needed a little after 3 minutes.  Have put that in for the next render and i think it sounds better for it.  Thanks!

Rapcloud - Could you expand a lil maybe on your thoughts on the intro percussion?  Ive never been 100% happy with it but couldnt quite figure out what and never got aroudn to changing it, so am curious to see what you think needs changing a lil more.

And yeah - i love the 'open your eyes' bit too: just stumbled upon the sample by chance while looking for something completley unrelated and it fit really well!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 4:23 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.