#1September 5th, 2009 · 03:08 AM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Black Magic Whorehouse

This song is not in a battle

Here's a trip-hop experiment...I'm not even sure what genre this would fall under.

Anyway, I've been pretty busy lately so I haven't really had the time or inspiration to make any new songs, but I finally managed to crank something out a few weeks ago. I've got mixed feelings on this one, but hopefully somebody likes it.

Please rate and enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 6th, 2009 · 03:01 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Pretty abstract piano playing near the end, as the chords clashed a bit with the violin riff at times. Loved the drumming and the overall arrangement of the song - really nice to listen to! 3:40's synth sound was kind of fun too.

I've heard a song like this before - I could totally see someone rapping to this and making it into a rap ballad or something, haha.

Good stuff!

--XFactor--
#3September 6th, 2009 · 03:50 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
writing as im listening.I like the melody and idea..but the sounds are to gm or xp...try to make your own sounds
#4September 7th, 2009 · 07:17 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
uba groove , chilled  arrangement ,don't mind the g.m if thats what you used but some real samples or playing might benefit , strings either orchestral or warm an fuzzy hip hop quartet with cello.
Good urgency yet smooth feel , & yes rapping or vocalization here and there could be a look .
Thanks for posting mate much enjoyed
greg
hatz
#5September 8th, 2009 · 04:41 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
I like the idea going on here, particularly the intro and how it builds into the piece.  With what others have been saying about making your own sounds - something simple you can always do if you find producing your own sounds too time consuming is just start subtly adding effects here and there to 'thicken' up and make the sound more unique. 

A few chords clashing around 2:40 but nothing that wouldnt take a few minutes to fix.  Drums need work on the EQing (more noticeable in some places than others), but Im certainly not one to suggest how.  Still struggling with how to do it myself!!! 

I like what youve done here.  As blackhatx suggested, a few vocal samples here and there would really take this piece up another level.  The problem is choosing which ones i always find haha!!!  Nice piece
#6September 8th, 2009 · 08:13 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comments.

I thought about how this would sound as a rap song. If only I could get Busdriver on board hehehe 
#7September 11th, 2009 · 08:15 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Black Magic Whorehouse
This actually reminds me of the sounds given to a PC game called ENTENTE ............it was devised by a company in Russia..........

http://www.entente.net/

Your Music bears no similarity to it other than its Timbre

But Its Just as GOOD!!!!

Well Done!!!

The Amazed Fish
#8September 13th, 2009 · 04:24 PM
66 threads / 55 songs
697 posts
United States of America
dazednconfused wrote…
but hopefully somebody likes it.

I like it.

It does remind me of video game music, but probably just from the midi sounds.

I really like the parts with the solo string runs.

But I'd also recommend changing the instrumentation a bit.
#9September 14th, 2009 · 12:58 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Intertingly put together..Found the delivery a bit to digital on the synth aspect,but the arrangements sound really good!!Great drums but they need a bit of eq and compression..
#10September 14th, 2009 · 01:08 PM
2 threads / 1 songs
23 posts
United States of America
very cool. I love all the synth you have going. It gets pretty intense, and the arrangements are really good.

I like the effect that you used with the drums.
This song is actually really cool and could even be developed more in depth with a full range of instruments (reminds me of some of taka's work...listen to his stuff and youll get what im saying.)

excellentness. could use some eq work and stuff but the song idea as a whole is freaking awesome. maybe PM takaminerbb13 and he can give you some pointers. really really good stuff. great idea. could definitely be produced bigger. excellent work. loved it.
#11September 14th, 2009 · 03:22 PM
18 threads / 15 songs
74 posts
United States of America
Thanks again for the comments.

Honestly, I don't really understand how to go about the whole equalizer thing.

The reason the drums sound louder at some points compared to others is because I overlapped FPC tracks, so sometimes there's one and sometimes there's as many as three.

Any ideas?
#12September 15th, 2009 · 11:48 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
synth strings sound like playing backwards

is this a backwards track?

Change the lead strings with a Hammond organ and it becomes a killer track!
#13September 16th, 2009 · 12:39 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
I'm Confused...
Did you sample the strings from Electroconductor-Midnight, the FL Studio example songs?

Nice, I noticed it says you can remix the track...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 7:41 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.