#1September 2nd, 2009 · 09:00 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Unfinished Duel

This song is not in a battle

I'm planning on writing more for this song - looking forward to eventually adding in more verse lines (still instrumental though). Was imagining an epic showdown of some sort, I guess.

Anyways... Yeah, I don't have much to say for this one. Enjoy.

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2September 3rd, 2009 · 08:35 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Really enjoyed listening to that!
#3September 3rd, 2009 · 12:55 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Really nice.
Some recommendations: The kick-drum sounds really plastic so try re-equalizing it. The piano sometimes sounds fake; I know it's hard to change that using VSTs, but try changing the volume of some notes and even "dis-quantizating" the track a bit, giving it a more human touch.
I like the arrangements a lot, but can't come with any idea of how to continue the piece. It's up to you, man.
Good job.

> Iszil
#4September 3rd, 2009 · 03:03 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Thanks for your feedback, guys!

Yeah, I'm not a very good piano player (learnt up to grade 4 and quit because I hated theory), so most of the riffs are looped.

Again, every song that I've uploaded, except one, are purely MIDI-instruments that have gone through a converter. Plus, I haven't done much actual sound-editing before except removing unwanted "static" noises; I've only silenced sections of a track, ehehe... In other words, the "VST and quantinization part" that Iszil mentioned is honestly just gibberish to me. (Trust me, I looked it up and I didn't understand much of it at all, haha.)

And yes, it's going to be tough to add more onto the piece, but I think I'm going to revamp the ending so that it doesn't drop, then keep going - instead, I'll try for a cliffhanger ending where it just stops at the climax, then hits that low note at the very end. Like a move trailer, I guess.

Once again, thanks for the feedback - I will definitely work on getting a more "real" feel towards my MIDI.

--XFactor--
#5September 5th, 2009 · 01:53 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice composition

I keep saying it, and always will, I hope to hear your compositions done with real instruments one day, if not you, someone else. ~ That's just me

Your improving all the time

Keep at it.
#6September 9th, 2009 · 01:46 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
For starts, ditto what Denis said.  This sounds really quite amazing in its current form, but with real instruments would be abbssoolutley stunning!  Fantastic arrangment on this...drums need a bit of work as they sounded a little far back in the mix to my ears/on my speakers but that may just be me. 

Cant believe I havent listened to more of your stuff on here before!!!
#7September 11th, 2009 · 08:07 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Unfinished Duel
I See Where You Are!!!!!...............MIDI Compostion.........
And You Are Doing VERY WELL indeed!!!

Please  Keep On Working this way .........  & produce more songs.........u will do well!!!

the computer and the programs will allways throw up challenges for you......

Just do more...................and explore the technology

I love what you are doing......
Go for it every time.......

Swordfish..........splash
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 3:46 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.