#1August 28th, 2009 · 07:34 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Two Steps

This song is not in a battle

I was in Australia a couple of weeks ago (competing at the GKR Karate World Cup!) and I kind of wrote a song in my head. I came back here and started to make an attempt at recording it. I ended up writing a totally different song because it just seemed to kind of write itself lol. Here it is anyway, the only thing it really has in common with the song I wrote in my head is the chord sequence. Like my last few songs really, it's a different kind of style than what I usually do. I like experimenting. Also I try not to use Auto-Tune anymore but seen as this is an electronic style song I thought it was appropriate. Hope you enjoy it.

Lyrics

Don't act like you don't know what has been going around
See girl I already know about
The little words that come out of your mouth
So let's walk until you figure it out
I know that there are feelings that we both share
So stop messing about and stop leading me on
I can feel it coming down and it's all too much

And we take two steps back
We're falling backwards
I never wanted to fall for you
Times will change
And people worry
We take two steps back

So it's been a year since then
I guess maybe you could have changed
Does your mom still call you up on the telephone?
To let you know
That you can't think without her
You need her there, do you need her there?
Think about it does her approval
Really mean that much to me?

And we take two steps back
We're falling backwards
I never wanted to fall for you
Times will change
And people worry
We take two steps back

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 28th, 2009 · 07:56 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Pretty good production. Sounds really pro.
It's not exactly my cup of tea, but I can imagine this sounding in the radio.
Good work.

> Iszil
#3August 28th, 2009 · 11:03 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Wow this is good. I love this kind of stuff. I guess, it would have been more dramatic if you went for the higher notes during the chorus. Who do you listen to? I like this a lot!
#4August 29th, 2009 · 05:26 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Suprisingly I didn't mind too much the Auto-tune, yeah it sorta goes with the music as you said.
Sounds like a fun time you had doing this, it put a smile on my face.

Keep on smiling fella 
#5August 31st, 2009 · 03:32 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Lithuania
I like this, it blends nicely - i mean voice with the music. At the beginning I thought differently, it seemed that voice is on top of everything (maybe not in terms of volume level, but as a layer) but that feeling was gone within seconds... Nice job
#6August 31st, 2009 · 08:07 PM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Rapcloudstrife wrote…
Wow this is good. I love this kind of stuff. I guess, it would have been more dramatic if you went for the higher notes during the chorus. Who do you listen to? I like this a lot!

I agree, the chorus is really good, and would be better in a higher pitch. This reminds me of Blink 182 in some ways, I like it a lot. Maybe with a bit more more messing about with the guitar (not just the simple strumming) and it would take it the the next level. Great work
#7September 3rd, 2009 · 08:24 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Iszil wrote…
Pretty good production. Sounds really pro.
It's not exactly my cup of tea, but I can imagine this sounding in the radio.
Good work.

> Iszil

Thanks man! Means a lot, especially from you

Rapcloudstrife wrote…

I listen to loads of stuff really! Been listening to a lot of Blink 182 recently! Also listen to Fightstar, All Time Low etc. This song was kind of inspired by a guy who goes by the name Electric Skyline, you should check his stuff out! http://www.myspace.com/electricskylineuk

Denis wrote…
Suprisingly I didn't mind too much the Auto-tune, yeah it sorta goes with the music as you said.
Sounds like a fun time you had doing this, it put a smile on my face.

Keep on smiling fella  :razz:

Thanks

dozzaz wrote…
I like this, it blends nicely - i mean voice with the music. At the beginning I thought differently, it seemed that voice is on top of everything (maybe not in terms of volume level, but as a layer) but that feeling was gone within seconds... Nice job

Ahh okay, thanks!

ArpKnight wrote…
Rapcloudstrife wrote…

I agree, the chorus is really good, and would be better in a higher pitch. This reminds me of Blink 182 in some ways, I like it a lot. Maybe with a bit more more messing about with the guitar (not just the simple strumming) and it would take it the the next level. Great work

Thanks, I think something that helps make the chorus catchy is the synth kind of following the vocal melody. I might use that tip again in the future

Thanks guys!
#8October 11th, 2009 · 07:06 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Version with new drums recorded by Joe Valentine if anyone's interested

http://www.myspace.com/petermoncrieff

It's track 2 in the player, the remix.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 2:42 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.