#1August 23rd, 2009 · 02:27 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Lonely, Lonely World

This song is not in a battle

Hey Guys,

This is our first single of our new band: Petronas Towers.
Sung and written by me, and my good mate Thomas van der Zwan.

Any comments, ideas are welcome!

Greetings,

RazoR

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 23rd, 2009 · 02:36 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
It's not exactly my cup of tea, bu man, this sounds pretty good and very professional.
A bit like brit pop and something else.
BTW, I really like the harmonie change in the chorus.
Good job.

> Iszil
#3August 23rd, 2009 · 02:36 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
I hear some U2 influence. I normally wouldn't listen to this type of music. What genre would you describe this?
#4August 23rd, 2009 · 02:38 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Thanks for the replies guys,
Well we're mostly influenced by Empire of the Sun,
And for the lyrics by "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac.

Cheers!
#5August 23rd, 2009 · 11:40 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
70's track in feel/Great solid recording.Sounds like everything is well placed..Vocals are very well performed.I like the guitar strum arrangement and the chord selection.Did find it gets a bit messy when what seems like a second one comes in.Anyways good one!
#6August 24th, 2009 · 07:09 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Hey Marino,

Thanks for your reply, I'm glad you like it!

What did you mean with a second (guitar?) coming in? I honestly lost you there, haha.
#7August 25th, 2009 · 12:37 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Listen to the 2 minute mark the guitar either spreads its stereo field or has a sort of reverb stereo send that is loosing its clarity from the rest of the song.To me it sounds like is another guitar coming in but it might just be a stereo effect. Maybe its nothing or maybe its just me.
#8August 25th, 2009 · 05:59 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
I hear it too, a brief change of sound, It was not intended though, and afterwards it changes back to the old sound if you're asking me.

I will investigate, hehe.
#9August 28th, 2009 · 07:24 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Liked the piano part sneaking in there.. worked well!

Nice recording.. Nice pop track overall really, again, good work! 
#10August 29th, 2009 · 01:17 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great commercial sound, destined for RADIO!!!!!
Send it out to some DJ's, I'm sure you'll get some airplay.

I like it

Cheers
#11August 29th, 2009 · 04:19 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Razor I'll be honest.....I dont like the first verse at all, and no it wont grow on me, the second verse gets bearable...............but the choruses and the whole second half of this song are fucking excellent....totally beautiful sound, I think I know why 'britpop' is mentioned...kind of 'flock of seagulls' vibe , sounds like a song on Vice City radio.
I'd say this song starts at 1:00, there's too much being said (lyrically) in the verses to start with.... because it is a 'pop' style song, it should be a lot simpler, and that simplicity becomes 'complex' later on in the song...just as you have proven in the second half of this song....because of all the looping and repeating and layering of a few 'good' strong lines you create an amazing groove. And I'm really into what this song becomes.
You've hit a nail on the head guys with this song......work at commercializing it ..... and I'll wave to you from the crowd one day !!! 
#12August 31st, 2009 · 03:42 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
30 posts
Lithuania
everything is nice, but the song itself somehow doesn't grab me... I know it's the hardest part of all. but it simply seems 'fake'. Maybe it's because voice is not doing a job - doesn't make me believe. This song is meant to be forgotten by most of people who will ever hear it. Sorry.
#13September 4th, 2009 · 04:32 PM
25 threads / 23 songs
168 posts
United States of America
kings is right, it starts out a bit slow but gets a LOT better. The four note piano riff in the chorus (after "it's a lonely lonely world") would, in my opinion, sound better played on a distorted guitar. Add that to some more effected vox and the song would be transformed into something more Doves-y and altogether better. I like it!
#14September 5th, 2009 · 12:05 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
it has something of a project sound to me. nice to listen

Alan Parsons did those projects ages ago.

Good production except the heavy use of compressing
#15September 8th, 2009 · 04:56 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
The chorus to this is incredibly catchy, and I agree with Denis that I could definitley hear this playing on the radio.  I think it maybe takes a little long to get to that point, but when it does get there its great!  Its almost like a fusion of Brit-pop and 'something' else that I cant put my finger on. 

Production sounds great.  Nice tune - I would seriously consider sending it to some local stations and see if you can get it played!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 8:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.