#1August 23rd, 2009 · 02:15 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Holy Is The Lord (cover)

This song is not in a battle

Hi ampers! I would say I haven't posted any music here. Well I was just making a video for youtube and so why not show it to the ampers, you know.

Holy is The Lord is by Chris Tomlin, I love his stuff! Anyway I kinda wanted to somewhat show off that I've gotten a little better with my vocals so here it is. I recorded it using a webcam so,  studio quality wasn't my focus on this one, but rather performance.
So have fun, comments and tips would be appreciated thanks! Here's the lyrics for those who wants to follow it's pretty simple and the video too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W-Br44bcds

Tell me what you think

Holy Is The Lord Chords by Chris Tomlin

capo 3

G             C           D
 We stand and lift up our hands
          Em         C           D
 for the joy of the Lord is our strength
 G       C                    D
 We bow down and worship Him now
      Em         C        D
 How great how awesome is He

Bridge
                  A
 And together we sing

Chorus
              G    C      D
 Holy is the Lord God Almighty
       Em      C               D
 the earth is filled with His glory
              G    C      D
 Holy is the Lord God Almighty
 the earth is filled with His glory
 the earth is filled with his glory

Verse
  Bridge
  Chorus

G               D 
 It's rising up all around
            F             C
 It's the anthem of the Lord's renown
  (2x)
                  A
 And together we sing
           C
 Everyone sing

Thanks for listening!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 23rd, 2009 · 02:47 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
Too cliche for me; extremly cliche. Well, christian music is always a cliche. I mean, all the songs I listened when I used to go to the church were just cliches, but they worked... for a mass.
Notice that your voice is our of tone sometimes.

> Iszil
#3August 23rd, 2009 · 11:37 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yup your just a little out of tune.There's some bit of clipping on your vox..Good performance though,seems you felt it.As far as God well lets just say I have a different view.But hey to each its own.
#4August 24th, 2009 · 11:31 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
yea I did notice a few out of tune in some places. Before it was so hard for me to sing in tune for the whole song, and my breathing before wasn't good.  I understand Marino, it's cool.
thnks!
#5August 28th, 2009 · 07:27 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Vocals don't sound too bad to me.. I haven't got a great ear for it though. I know my vocals used to be really out of tune and I've been practicing hard for like 3 years now.. it's starting to pay off! Just keep working at it!

I thought the song was decent though.. as Iszil said, Christian songs usually are cliche in terms of lyrics so I won't comment on that  .

Good job.
#6August 28th, 2009 · 10:56 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Yea... I understand about beliefs and stuff.
but yea, vocals is very hard lol. I first started getting serious last year, I notice I've gotten a lot better. I did research on vocals, got the singingsuccess program, and even got the Singing for Dummies lol.
Thanks for your encouraging comments! I will keep working on at it!
#7August 29th, 2009 · 12:14 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
When I was talking about the cliche I was meaning the musical part, not the lyrics (cause the lyrics' topic is quite obvious).
The cliche is basically on the main chords progression. I mean, that progression is probably the most use in popular music all over the world, and, unless you make something interesting with the arrangements, it's going to sound as plain and boring as a cricket match.
I haven't listened to the original so I don't know if it goes as you just covered it, or it's different.
Keep working and you'll achieve your goals.

> Iszil
#8August 29th, 2009 · 01:14 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah the song is nice, nice flow, vocal melody, it's well writen.

I wont harp on about your performace/production, just keep practicing, learning, you will will definately improve for sure!!!

Well done!!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:38 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.