#1August 20th, 2009 · 12:41 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Brad Phat -Self Professed

This song is not in a battle

My best friend, who played guitar in my old band currently lives in Montreal, meanwhile I live in Toronto (500km distance). So once in a while I come up, we get thoroughly drunk and spend a weekend writing songs.

This was the first weekend, and the song was composed in 2 days (there was a total of like 3 songs, all recorded in like 2 hours before my train on the last day) being fully smashed. Recorded with a usb chat mic between two amps, and a normal mic for vocals.

Enjoy!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 20th, 2009 · 10:43 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Man... I love who ever is doing the vocals. I like the melody you guys use. And I think the acoustic guitar alone is appropriate for this.
That must've been fun making a song with your friend, and i'm assuming it was somewhat hectic trying to record and rush at the same time to your train.
#3August 21st, 2009 · 05:13 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
This song is really good. You should get together with your friend again and work on it some more. I hear elec. guitar in places to heighthen the emotion. Like getting heavy in some places and rocking out.

I'm downloading it; so thanks for it.
#4August 21st, 2009 · 01:48 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
@RapCloudStrife: Thanks a lot dude! I was doing vocals, my friend guitar (he is an absolute genius). I always have fun collaborating with him, it is very inspiring and uplifting for me. I am glad you liked track, thank you for listening!

@witchwyzwurd: Thank you again. I think we were going to write make this one electric like the other two but ran out of time Thank you for listening and downloading, very reassuring for me.
#5August 21st, 2009 · 07:13 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice track...Vox sounds a bit breathy and held...Im wondering if you can build the dynamics just a tad more.The vocal melody is great ..This needs a nicer production but its sounds very promising..Needs a small middle break or bridge too...
#6August 22nd, 2009 · 05:11 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Nice track...Vox sounds a bit breathy and held...Im wondering if you can build the dynamics just a tad more.The vocal melody is great ..This needs a nicer production but its sounds very promising..Needs a small middle break or bridge too...

Yeah I would like to hear a bridge too.
Keep at it chaps, sounds like you guys enjoy collaborating together, you don't necessarily need to link-up?
#7August 23rd, 2009 · 10:10 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
26 posts
United States of America
Dont be shy on those Vox!
You have an awesome voice
Id suggest tampering with the dynamics a little however
Adjusting the volume on the climaxes
Or just letting loose

Keep writing with that friend of yours
You guys do good work.
#8August 25th, 2009 · 01:52 PM
31 threads / 20 songs
96 posts
Canada
Thank you guys Whenever I do get a chance to work with him, we will sure add a bit more dynamics. Meeting up is easiest for cooperation I guess, but we may try it postal service style.
#9August 25th, 2009 · 05:44 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
get Yahoo messenger ,you can transfer files up to two gigs and talk realtime.This helps a lot when collabing!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:29 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.