#1August 19th, 2009 · 09:20 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Happy Fish - V4

This song is not in a battle

Well it's 4th attempt, I'm know a 'Happy Fish'
It all seems to sync nicer, creating a better flow.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 19th, 2009 · 08:50 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sweet swining vibe man. quality production. quality work. excellent job.
#3August 20th, 2009 · 10:52 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
man i love how you did the drums. Sounds so realistic, with all the careful dynamics added. especially on the snare work. Just wondering which instruments are real and not? I know the guitar is real and the drums are not, but what about the rest. I like the arrangement and the ending too!
#4August 21st, 2009 · 02:40 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Rapcloudstrife wrote…
man i love how you did the drums. Sounds so realistic, with all the careful dynamics added. especially on the snare work. Just wondering which instruments are real and not? I know the guitar is real and the drums are not, but what about the rest. I like the arrangement and the ending too!

Hey Rap, thanks for listening.  Yeah, your spot on the drums are not real, although the drums are made up from real samples, so yeah they are real in that respect. The piano is from a Roland Synth [1080], the rest, miced acoustic, arch top electric and an Ibanez musician Bass.

Drums are EzDrummer Jazz

Cheers
#5August 21st, 2009 · 05:09 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Downloaded.

This is crystal clear production. This is real talent. The only qualm I have with it is the sound of the drumstick; like the sample was recorded with the mic to close to the drums/cymbals. I think the stick sound would be beneficial in some areas, to add texture, but it can be heard at the same level throughout the whole song, kind of distracting. That can be corrected with real drums though; which this song deserves.
#6August 21st, 2009 · 07:39 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
witchwyzwurd wrote…
Downloaded.

This is crystal clear production. This is real talent. The only qualm I have with it is the sound of the drumstick; like the sample was recorded with the mic to close to the drums/cymbals. I think the stick sound would be beneficial in some areas, to add texture, but it can be heard at the same level throughout the whole song, kind of distracting. That can be corrected with real drums though; which this song deserves.

Yeah come to mention it the stick noise is very present, I suppose I could have messed around with the Eq on the drums. Too late now this is one of the songs on my new album, which will be launched on approx 1st Oct.
Once it's up, I'll let all Ampers know if they want a free copy, or if you prefer you can download from iTunes or Amazon, or  purchase a CD from Amazon.
#7August 21st, 2009 · 07:23 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I like it Denis, those drums are killer..I hear no stick issues..This is great...Can't wait till the CD is ready man ,Im so glad for you..Yes this mix is much tighter.Nice performance wicked master.
#8August 22nd, 2009 · 07:45 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
great song and production Denis it's only the ride that sound a bit flat I think the rest of the drums are very good
let us know when the album is available
Are you gonna tour the album? I'd love to see it play live
Great work
#9August 22nd, 2009 · 09:45 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
vincentL wrote…
great song and production Denis it's only the ride that sound a bit flat I think the rest of the drums are very good
let us know when the album is available
Are you gonna tour the album? I'd love to see it play live
Great work

I'm just pleased with the album, I'm gonna work on the next one, I'm considering doing a covers album of Jazz standards.  I've never launched an album on the open market.  It would need a lot of marketing to produce any sales. Although I do have many other of my own compositions for another album, I'll see how the first one goes and learn from it.

I would need to get a band together to go live, I could produce backing tracks, but it wont do any justice for the album.  My love is the production side, so I would consider myself as a studio based musician.

Cheers
#10August 22nd, 2009 · 11:11 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
that's so cool that you're making an album. It inspires and motivates me cool. And I didn't know that you can sell your stuff over itunes... hmmm
#11December 20th, 2009 · 12:11 PM
7 threads / 7 songs
22 posts
United States of America
Wow
This is fantastic! It's so jazzy! Amazing production, this is crystal clear.
#12December 20th, 2009 · 12:25 PM
37 threads / 30 songs
166 posts
United States of America
yeah man... cool jazz.... I like.  I dont hear any stick issues either...
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 16th, 2024 · 8:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.