#1August 18th, 2009 · 10:57 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
easy picking

This song is not in a battle

It's been said if you copy from one person it's plagiarism,but if you copy from alot of people it's research!!!So here's a song with some research.I know the mix is terrible and my singing is even worse!!Anyway here it goes.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 19th, 2009 · 09:35 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds like fun.
The vox are Ok, just timing is off, Dire straits vox aren't brill either, just good ol Rock & Roll
Needs more bottom in the mix, take the mids and treble down a bit.
#3August 19th, 2009 · 01:22 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
It's a start. The lyrics are fun to listen to and get an idea of your research. It's a fine first draft but you can definitely improve it. Start by giving the song a bit of planning. Get a clear idea of when you're singing and when you're not going to be and work on your timing, both the vocals and the guitar. I'd look into adding a bridge or a solo or something to make it a little more interesting as well, either that or shorten it and condense your lyrics to the lines with which you're most happy. Good start. Hope to hear more.
#4August 19th, 2009 · 08:38 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
yeah vox kind of remind me of dire straits.

really cool jam and everything good composition just gotta work the kinks out. good job!
#5August 21st, 2009 · 05:22 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I didn't think Straits. I thought Tom Petty, but I can see Dire. I agree with the rest though, your vocal time is like an 1/8 of a measure off every line. Like you tried splicing in your voice, but pasted it in just a bit late, so it's pushed forward through the whole song. Fix that and I'll download it. :}
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 27th, 2024 · 12:27 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.