#1August 9th, 2009 · 08:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Happy Fish - V3

This song is not in a battle

Not quite happy with the Mix, just cheated a bit and altered the EQ.

I think there are also some timing issues here and there, plus also the drum pattern in some places seem out of place.
I think it's because  it's in 6/8 time, I don't know how to change the grid on FL to 6/8 time, does anyone have a clue?, hence the drum loops overlap on the grid.

The main thing I did wrong, which I realize now, is when I put a Ezdrummer sample onto my workstation to use as a metronome, I burned it in audio format as apposed to data format, the data format records as it is on disc, which means it syncs perfectly to the workstation.  So when I burned the song onto my PC the Ezdrummer was slightly out. Hmm a lesson learned for sure. That's why there are timing issues.

The only way to rectify it, would be to do the piece again, which I must do I know.

I can't help being a perfectionist, only because I get a real buzz when I know I've done as best job as I can without busting a gut...lol

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 10th, 2009 · 05:48 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I would like to review this song once the timing of the drums are corrected. You're right. They do throw the song off for now.
#3August 11th, 2009 · 12:10 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
DENIS MAN !!!i have to tell you you've come a long way in your recording quality,I mean you've always been great but your really getting a pro sound now. As far as the timing well thats easy to fix.
Try this
#4August 18th, 2009 · 06:00 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
DENIS MAN !!!i have to tell you you've come a long way in your recording quality,I mean you've always been great but your really getting a pro sound now. As far as the timing well thats easy to fix.
Try this

Just got back from a weeks holiday today, it seems to have been very quite here on the AMP?

Thanks for your support M, you are truly great for our community, I'll check out your suggestions, this will save me a whole precious day of recording.
Cheers
Denis
#5August 18th, 2009 · 10:41 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
wow this was helpful to me too!
#6August 18th, 2009 · 11:50 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
149 posts
United States of America
I like it!JAZZY,BLUEZY all dat.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 18th, 2024 · 6:57 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.