Times a Thousand

This song is not in a battle

Draft of my old song entitled A Thousand Times

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 7th, 2009 · 04:41 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Love the intro, it sets the scene beautifully.
The other instruments blend and mix well, superb use of dynamics.
I do remember this song, the vox have a seventies rock feel, yeah sounds good.

You've done a superb job, perhaps re-record some of your old songs and produce an album 

Is this really a draft, sounds pretty dam good to me.

My only critique is you may have slightly over compressed everything, but that's just me, it still sounds very good.
#3August 10th, 2009 · 05:58 AM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
I call it a draft, because ultimately I'd like to mix it with some good monitors. I'm still using my like 3.5 inch speakers on my boom box I bought back like in 1991. It's a Logik brand. Amazed it's still working though. Ha. Anyways, through that boom box, the mix sounds good, but when I listen to it on other systems, it's obviously a bit too bassy.

You're right. Everything sounds fairly compressed, but it's not compression. I just adjusted the volume of the instruments to blend together, but, again, that was the result of mixing on my Logik box.

Thanks for the compliments and analysis.
#4August 11th, 2009 · 12:40 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great composition..Has sort of a medieval tone to it..Also sounds very well arranged which gives me a sense of progressive rock a rather conceptual..The only things i think I would change would be the electric guitar tone and the lack bass.The acoustic guitar duo is awesome..this track shows lots of effort..The soft acoustic song writer part sounded awesome..Cool solos by the way...
#5August 11th, 2009 · 02:21 PM
24 threads / 19 songs
171 posts
United States of America
Thanks Marino. I hold yours and Denis's (among others) critiques with highest respects. You two always have such great sounded music. I feel that once I get the monitors I want, (but there's always something else that needs money thrown at it), I'll be able to join you two in tonal production quality.
#6August 19th, 2009 · 12:52 AM
6 posts
United States of America
nice
I love the intro
but the problem in my opinion is
that it seems like the listener is dragging himself trough the song
the Vocals rhythm and pitch should change a bit more
overall really good though
#7September 8th, 2009 · 07:27 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
A well crafted piece here mate guitar features nicely and love the dynamics and colors , excellent story telling through the magic of your music.
Vocal is good too and taking into account this is a draft just pick the odd note tuning fix , may be just a breath thing with the vocal style , over all top show my friend.
greg
hatz

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 5:26 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.