#1August 6th, 2009 · 01:56 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
EurotypeProtobeat

This song is not in a battle

"Introducing, the new 2010 Honda Civic..."

Just kidding. I thought my song sounded like something you would hear in a car commercial, haha.

The song title's a play-on-words or whatever, based from my original title Eurobeat Prototype... Just in case anyone was feeling slow today.

But anyways, the whole thing started from really "crappy" guitar chords. It was pretty good on the guitar - I strummed a few notes, wrote them down, and came up with four chords. Put those same four chords into my sappy notation software and discovered that it sounded really awkward for gutiar, so I changed the intsrument to a synth sound... After that, added in a bass drum going four quarters per bar, and thought that sounded pretty nice, which then lead me to adding in all sorts of random synth stuff I could dig out from my MIDI mapper...

So yeah... This is my first attempt at Eurobeat music, hehe. (I haven't listened to much of that either...)

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 7th, 2009 · 04:48 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds like your having fun, creating is a wonderful feeling when your on a roll, that you sure are on.
So what's with the Guitar, hey I'm sure we can help you get a good sound, tell us your set up, we could work wonders, I would love to hear you play.
I purchased a line6 Pod, awsome kit for the dosh,

Keep 'em coming fella 
#3August 10th, 2009 · 12:53 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Thanks!

There's nothing too interesting or concerning about the guitar thingy; my parents were visiting a friend's place and they had a guitar just lying on the couch (I wanted to sit there) so I picked it up and started "playing" it. I've never really taken any lessons for a stringed instrument other than a beginner's book for bass, so I'm not really looking towards any serious guitar playing, hehe. I'm happy with Jam Sessions for DS (really good quality game(music-wise), versatile, but very limited styles and techniques).

Sorry for the confusion!

--XFactor--
#4August 11th, 2009 · 12:33 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
lol..Totally hear the Honda...Nice grooves and  and bass work...As far as composition this is fantastic but as far as sounds id needs to be replaced for other instruments..You should try Vst's they work wonders...Cool track X...
#5August 11th, 2009 · 03:40 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Yes a funny little piece of midi
I quite like it ... except for that main 'di di di di' synth, try using less notes / midi hits , try an echo or reverb or  .... anything on less notes.
I do like the tune and it has a nice structure I just find that synth wrong even for Super Mario.
It could also be a velocity thing of course.
Vst's ... good suggestion.

I can imagine that synth different in any case, within the same song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 28th, 2024 · 8:17 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.