#1August 4th, 2009 · 03:56 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Happy Fish

This song is not in a battle

First go at 6/8 time Jazz.
I've sent this composition to Swordie [hootist] without the piano and lead guitar, I hope he's got time to collaborate, also PRG who's a trumpet player here on the AMP. Man I'm really enjoying myself at the moment, really pleased again using EzDrummer, I just used the presets, edited some slightly to suite.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2August 4th, 2009 · 04:07 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
The drums sound great - love the sound of everything!

I'm not too fond of the timing of everything though... It seems to sound a bit draggy at the main riff (with the sax and electric guitar playing together), but that's probably because I'm used to fast-paced jazz...

The ending sounded great!

Looking forward to hearing your (possible) future collaboration with Swordie!

--XFactor--
#3August 5th, 2009 · 01:44 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Nice
Hey Denis

Nice track (although I would argue it is a 3/4 jazz waltz rather than 6/8)!!  Anyway I'd love to do something on this for you.  You've used EZDrummer here?  It sounds really authentic. 

Just let me know what you'd like me to do.  By the way, I've tried to look at putting something onto your other track 'drum sticks' but there's no room.  Perhaps you can take some of the soloing off the track for 16 bars (or whatever) so I can whack something on there for you.

Swordie's a bit elusive at the moment.  He might have gone away somewhere for a few days.

PRG
#4August 5th, 2009 · 03:30 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Nice
PRG wrote…
Hey Denis

Nice track (although I would argue it is a 3/4 jazz waltz rather than 6/8)!!  Anyway I'd love to do something on this for you.  You've used EZDrummer here?  It sounds really authentic. 

Just let me know what you'd like me to do.  By the way, I've tried to look at putting something onto your other track 'drum sticks' but there's no room.  Perhaps you can take some of the soloing off the track for 16 bars (or whatever) so I can whack something on there for you.

Swordie's a bit elusive at the moment.  He might have gone away somewhere for a few days.

PRG

I've sent you a PM, BTW EzDrummer said it was 6/8 time, who am I to argue...lol
#5August 5th, 2009 · 05:59 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
yup
Very noice mate.Love the whole lightness ubercool instrument collage , warm intimate am really digging this Denis. sounds like you've found your drummer but you could also borrow ours for a pint, leave it with me

Look I'm picking up some sync things
re x mans
"vt seems to sound a bit draggy at the main riff (with the sax and electric guitar playing together), but that's probably because I'm used to fast-paced jazz..."

I reckon and this just my ears & don't get me started
the sax /guitar tight blend as an issue has me editing like a little monkey ,I don't get so much that  a certain amount of organic space is vital.
To me in that section you could look to is the bass line or the kick drum to un 1 the groove as in accent push the 2 in spots. Just a thought.

BTW You've got to release this.
We are looking to place some cds in Funky Melbourne Coffee shops and would be happy to forward on great music such as this.

Live long and prosper mate

greg
blakhatz
#6August 5th, 2009 · 07:12 PM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Really great listen! Drums do sound good..I think a lot of the drum VST's such as EzDrummer and Addictive Drums do a really great job if you want some decent sounding drums on your track.
#7August 6th, 2009 · 05:12 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: yup
blakhatz wrote…
Very noice mate.Love the whole lightness ubercool instrument collage , warm intimate am really digging this Denis. sounds like you've found your drummer but you could also borrow ours for a pint, leave it with me

Look I'm picking up some sync things
re x mans
"vt seems to sound a bit draggy at the main riff (with the sax and electric guitar playing together), but that's probably because I'm used to fast-paced jazz..."

I reckon and this just my ears & don't get me started
the sax /guitar tight blend as an issue has me editing like a little monkey ,I don't get so much that  a certain amount of organic space is vital.
To me in that section you could look to is the bass line or the kick drum to un 1 the groove as in accent push the 2 in spots. Just a thought.

BTW You've got to release this.
We are looking to place some cds in Funky Melbourne Coffee shops and would be happy to forward on great music such as this.

Live long and prosper mate

greg
blakhatz ;)

I say your right, I was wandering about some of the drum rhythms, Bass.
Think I'll re-do Bass and play along with the main melody, also will take off the low bass so it cuts through better, It's hard too listen to the bass in this version.
I suppose I did rush a bit doing the drums it was getting late in the day, I'll re-do them, this time I'll moniter them beter so to match/edit them to the music. One thing I noticed is that dynamics vary a lot between the rhythms, so I just need to listen, compare and edit where necessary.
Oh yeah I would love Jeremy to have a crack, please ask him, there's no Rush.
If it's no bother you can put some of my music in coffee shops, I can send you a compilation which you can burn to CD, I've got a Many Jazz cuts ready for an album.

Cheers
Denis 
#8August 6th, 2009 · 06:51 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Happy Fish
first of all

let me apologise

Ive been off the net cos I caught a very viscous piece of malware !!!!!!!!!!!!!

a true bastard !! just cleared today!!!.... Thursday!!
#9August 6th, 2009 · 07:33 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis very cool track...Im not going to get into much of the not in the pocket feel although I would agree with redoing some key point as the are swinging off a bit..Bass most of all...The quality of the production is great and all your tones are superb..You should indeed press a CD of this music,sounds like it would be a very pro production and very sellable.
#10August 7th, 2009 · 02:59 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: re: Happy Fish
swordfish wrote…
first of all

let me apologise

Ive been off the net cos I caught a very viscous piece of malware !!!!!!!!!!!!!

a true bastard !! just cleared today!!!.... Thursday!!

This song appears appropriate now you have cleared that nasty bug.

No need to apologise.

GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK 
#11August 7th, 2009 · 03:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Denis very cool track...Im not going to get into much of the not in the pocket feel although I would agree with redoing some key point as the are swinging off a bit..Bass most of all...The quality of the production is great and all your tones are superb..You should indeed press a CD of this music,sounds like it would be a very pro production and very sellable.

Thanks M, my initial instincts after recording the song is the same. I'm off work now, although I'll be on holiday to Turkey from Monday, I'll work on it. I've thought about cutting a CD, the marketing is probably the most important if you want to sell, I don't have the time really, I have compiled a list of Jazz songs, which I've remastered in preparation for CD. It's relatively cheap to get them up on Amazon & iTunes.
I'm  very happy with my music at the moment, that's whats important to me, plus sharing it with the AMP here and everyone is just great fun.

I'd like to create some more quality collaboration music, my goal would for bandAMP to have a collection of the best collaboration music in the WORLD, there is no reason why this could not could be achieved, bandAMP is the only Internet music community that can pull it off.

Cheers
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 24th, 2024 · 5:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.