#1July 24th, 2009 · 07:42 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
Shattered

This song is not in a battle

This is the non-CD mix - the instruments are clearer on this one.  The vocals have different effects, which really aren't as good as the CD version.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 25th, 2009 · 01:01 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
You guys sound awesome..The singer has hints of Bruce Dickinson here an there...Nice chunky guitars..Mix a bit hot on the levels.....I love the vocal range..Great changes by the way..Superb tone bass...Keyboard a little to loud for my taste..Kick level on drums gets lost some times when all instruments are happening.
Glad you post it this it was a great listen..
O woa that change at 5 sh is awesome kinda doors like..
So what do you play here?
#3July 25th, 2009 · 11:15 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Yeah you guys have a great set-up.
I take it your not gigging anymore?
Thanks for sharing
The songwriting is great, the arangements are top notch.
I've said it before, but yeah you appear to be a great live band, given the right venue with stage effects.

Quality
#4July 25th, 2009 · 12:16 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the reviews
Glad you like it, I played bass on all these tracks, no we aren't playing anymore.  I saw this site and decided to post the songs after hearing some other musician's tracks I liked on here (hope that's OK with everyone). 
      We jammed a few years ago and played "bar" tunes for fun in bars and clubs.  Everyone is busy these days, but I would like to get everyone back together and record some stuff for old times sake.  If I could only afford a digi 003. .
Some mikes, a studio . . . maybe in a few years.
#5July 26th, 2009 · 05:11 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: Thanks for the reviews
dnaugtbass wrote…
Glad you like it, I played bass on all these tracks, no we aren't playing anymore.  I saw this site and decided to post the songs after hearing some other musician's tracks I liked on here (hope that's OK with everyone). 
      We jammed a few years ago and played "bar" tunes for fun in bars and clubs.  Everyone is busy these days, but I would like to get everyone back together and record some stuff for old times sake.  If I could only afford a digi 003. .
Some mikes, a studio . . . maybe in a few years.
Perhaps start off with some second hand half decent gear, seeing as your only doing it for fun, you can still get a decent recording, just got to learn how to get the best from the equipment you have.
You're a great Bass player, perhaps you could collab with some of the Members hear, that would be interesting and fun.
Cheers

Denis
#6July 27th, 2009 · 01:30 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Yes I second that..You can also do alot with Pc today without having to go through a lot of hi dollar stuff.You need gear/software ideas just say the word..
Im down for collabing with you anytime..So don' t hesitate to ask..
#7July 28th, 2009 · 04:54 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Hell yeah..Rock on...Nice idea Denis has about collaborating with some Musicians from Bandamp...Your damn good on that Bass...

Nice Rating
#8July 29th, 2009 · 05:29 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
well....
this not recorded in the bedroom I guess????
its a great metal track!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally/ kind of/ understand why u guys split ...........

well done

FISH
#9July 30th, 2009 · 12:49 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
Yeah . . .
Not recorded in a bedroom, it was in a small studio a guy in north salt lake was running.  He had ADATs and a Mackie 8 bus, and 2 rooms + control.  We set up the drums in one - guitars in the other, bass, keys, and basic vocals in the control room with headphones, and let it rip.  Didn't want to spend too much.  A friends band did the same thing there and sounded good, so we did - cheaper to just track it all at once.  Then a couple of guitar parts (solos) were added in, or the solo was taken from the live track and then a backing rhythm track was put behind it.  Vocals were all re-recorded in one of the rooms, of course.  Then we mixed two mixes to DAT and called it good.  Sent it to disc masters if I remember right and made 1000, sold most of them and made our money back before we broke up. 
This song, is about our keyboard players mood instability if I remember right.  Yes, we wrote about some strange subjects - it was fun though.  We split because everyone was kind of moving on, drummer getting married and settling down, some members getting the "rock star" attitude.  We're all friends still though, haven't seen them for a while though. 
I think recording what we had written was more of an acknowledgment that we were going to split, and wanted to record it so we had a representation of what we were doing at the time.  Not really stuff that would be selling in '95-96. 
Thanks for all the positive compliments.  Collaboration would be a good time.  I don't really have any recording gear, but bass is pretty easy to record right? Compression, direct box, computer interface, software.  There is just alot of stuff out there now, and I would have learn about it all again.  I will figure something out one of these days.
Maybe future collaboration, there are alot of talented musicians (and recording experts) on band amp.
#10July 30th, 2009 · 01:38 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
re: Yeah . . .
dnaugtbass wrote…
Not recorded in a bedroom, it was in a small studio a guy in north salt lake was running.  He had ADATs and a Mackie 8 bus, and 2 rooms + control.  We set up the drums in one - guitars in the other, bass, keys, and basic vocals in the control room with headphones, and let it rip.  Didn't want to spend too much.  A friends band did the same thing there and sounded good, so we did - cheaper to just track it all at once.  Then a couple of guitar parts (solos) were added in, or the solo was taken from the live track and then a backing rhythm track was put behind it.  Vocals were all re-recorded in one of the rooms, of course.  Then we mixed two mixes to DAT and called it good.  Sent it to disc masters if I remember right and made 1000, sold most of them and made our money back before we broke up. 
This song, is about our keyboard players mood instability if I remember right.  Yes, we wrote about some strange subjects - it was fun though.  We split because everyone was kind of moving on, drummer getting married and settling down, some members getting the "rock star" attitude.  We're all friends still though, haven't seen them for a while though. 
I think recording what we had written was more of an acknowledgment that we were going to split, and wanted to record it so we had a representation of what we were doing at the time.  Not really stuff that would be selling in '95-96. 
Thanks for all the positive compliments.  Collaboration would be a good time.  I don't really have any recording gear, but bass is pretty easy to record right? Compression, direct box, computer interface, software.  There is just alot of stuff out there now, and I would have learn about it all again.  I will figure something out one of these days.
Maybe future collaboration, there are alot of talented musicians (and recording experts) on band amp.

Its actually quite easy...
I can help you set up it you want..Do you use PC or Mac?Do you know the specs on your processor and Ram?Can you spend about 40$ on a Usb interface for the bass(if you can) via musician friend or the sort(maybe even cheaper on Ebay)?
Send me a private message if your interested in getting a mini home set up , its quite simple actually.
M.
#11July 30th, 2009 · 05:48 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
PC
I have a PC, Core 2 duo @ 2.5 Ghz . . 2Gb of RAM 240Gb HD. . and a 320Gb if I ever get around to installing it.
What would be a good cheap setup? I have a little Behringer mixer with 4 mic pre's.  Thats about it these days.
I wouldnt want to spend much. I could swing $40.  What software would come with that?
What would you recommend Marino?
#12July 30th, 2009 · 07:21 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Ill be sending you a message via Pm in a few days....
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:39 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.