#1July 21st, 2009 · 11:41 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Stay (Babe)

This song is not in a battle

This is a song me and my band Rawk Kard wrote. Tell me what you think of it and what could be better! Thanks.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 22nd, 2009 · 11:34 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
I hear a lot of improvement in your work, LynyrdSkynyrdFan. You have come a long way.
I would try to sing more instead doing the talking Vocal routine. The timming is a bit off also.
The Guitar does sound decent. Try working on the mix. The vocals are to far in the back of the mix.

I think that this is pretty decent despite the flaws. Just keep working at it. Your getting so much better

Nice Rating
#3July 22nd, 2009 · 02:45 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Thanks! Also, I have found that on some speakers you can't hear the bass at all so if anyone can't hear the bass, there is bass haha.
#4July 22nd, 2009 · 05:03 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
The guitar riff is quite catchy and nice to the ear.
The drum rhythm for the main riff is not quite there, plus there are many timing issues, is your r drummer recording to a click track? Also cant hear the Bass drum, do you have a spare mic for it?
Yeah I can hear the bass guitar on my speakers, Bass is the most difficult tone to record, I find that we all tend to use to much Bass in the EQ for bass, in fact you'll find if you roll off the bass eq a bit and up the mids it will cut through a lot better, just experiment with it. Then it depends how your recording, is it through a DI or with a Mic. With a Di it's so much easier it will more or less get the right tone, however with a mic it's a different kettle of fish, you'll have to experiment with the mic positions and roll off a lot of the bass depending on the type of amp and how loud your playing. The vox need raising In the mix, again perhaps bring up the mids a bit, they will cut through better
Hope that helps.

Keep working at it, the song has potential. 
#5July 23rd, 2009 · 01:50 AM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Yeah I only have one mic. We mic'd drums guitar and vox, and DI'd the bass. And no he was not recording to a click track.
#6July 23rd, 2009 · 09:47 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
LynyrdSkynyrdFan wrote…
Yeah I only have one mic. We mic'd drums guitar and vox, and DI'd the bass. And no he was not recording to a click track.

The Bass may just need raising in mix and rolling off the Bass
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 11:37 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.