#1July 13th, 2009 · 02:45 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
Summer Storm
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 0 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-08

Well, once again, I've taken a bit of a hiatus, but I've put a little tune together. It's another guitar instrumental. I used a strat on the rhythm parts, but the leads are the Les Paul Custom.
Hope you like it.

GK

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 13th, 2009 · 06:24 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
sweet man. i really like your guitar style here. the recording quality/mixing might use a little work, but song wise (like all the guitar and everything) this totally rocks!

those are some great meedlys. your really talented on the guitar

excellent job. i loved it
#3July 14th, 2009 · 07:31 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice one Ken. I always like hearing your work. Love your style. Your one hell of a Guitarist/Musician. This has a real catchy sound/groove to it. I think the Guitar needs to be a bit more in front of the mix. Not much more. But, more. And a bit lighter on the Drums.. This would be awesome with some killer lyrics and vocals...Nice work, Ken.

Nice Rating
#4July 16th, 2009 · 02:12 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice melody and harmony work Ken.
Not so keen on the tone of the drums, the guitars overpower them.

OK as it is, but I'd love to hear a vocal version too
#5July 24th, 2009 · 07:26 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
WOW - the guitar.
Kind of a chorus pedal - type RF intereference noise on the amp or something, other than that great guitar sound.  Awesome guitar work - Maybe different drum sound (and louder bass here and there) - then add vocals and the whole thing would be great.  Exceptional guitar work - as I'm sure you hear all the time.
You rock on that guitar. Harmonizations are cool.
#6July 25th, 2009 · 01:03 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Great track and great performance..Your mix is way over driven...I cuts alot of the details and clarity of what sounds like an amazing track...Great guitar playing...Can you redo the mix?
#7July 26th, 2009 · 05:59 AM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
tune
OK, you're right about all of it. I'm still using the Boss recorder with the built in drum tracks, but otherwise, I have to fix it up. I wasn't too crazy about the first lead guitar anyway. I used the chord for my Marshall DSL50 amp to record, so I guess a proper guitar chord is in order to record further leads. I know there's a lot of noise, so I hope using proper stuff eliminates the hum. I'll also do an equalization/sound enhancement thing, with the recorder. You know, it's a cool tune with potential, which I'll try to improve on with the limited means/skill set that I possess. Most of you suggested vocals.................any suggestions? Any words and where they should go...well..I'm interested..........!

Thanks,

GK
#8August 1st, 2009 · 01:47 AM
1 posts
United States of America
Vocal Suggestions

The feel of the guitar work gives an incredible passive rock experience. Your work stands on its own with-out the need for vocals. But if I think about what vocal might sound like, your sound drives my ear to want a vibrato toned vocal . Something like vocals could be used to compliment your style and not override the strength of the multiple guitar parts.  

So here is an idea: Starting at :49 could be used as a chorus or verse section of music. End point may be 1:18
The vocal for this part may sound best if it does not follow the melody of the guitar work but carry its own melody and change only at (in-key) points.

I am sorry if this is confusing. I am a vocalist and have always struggled with describing what I sometimes hear. Anyway, I would love to hear more of your work. Truly inspirational.
#9August 31st, 2009 · 01:50 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
  Wow love the guitar....

Its a great song, but it really does need a less aggressive mix, especially on the drums, way too much treble.
#10August 31st, 2009 · 02:24 AM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
F**k man!
I just can't wait to listen to this song remixed, cause that will be a kick ass.
Sometimes is nearly hard to tell what are you playing because somehow the mix is "eating" most of the song's body, but anyway you can get the song and, dude, it's amazing.
I don't know if I would add vocals. First I'd like to listen to it with a good mix.
Looking forward for the next result.

> Iszil
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 3:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.