#1July 10th, 2009 · 05:43 AM
10 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Denmark
Rumours of War
Please vote for this song !
Current votes: 1 (needs min. 15)
It’s in the battle 2009-07

A song I composed in FL Studio. Usually I do not pre-plan my compositions - I let intuition and luck do the work - but this time I wanted to create an atmosphere of 'battle'.

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 10th, 2009 · 01:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I like the Music. Yes I could see used in a war movie with soldiers faced with fighting in the desert.
A member here on the AMP had a project to create  music related to War, after much discussion with many AMPERs he managed to find some great samples associated with the war, so perhaps you could do the same?

WELCOME TO BandAMP!!!
#3July 11th, 2009 · 02:08 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice dance track..As I hear it, not getting the battle vibe at all...Sounds a bit trance like and falls short of attack for a battle theme...The synth arpeggiators and sound generators are well placed and layered..Track could use a bit of compression to fatten up a bit as it lacks punch..Very smooth and clean transitions specially on the short fade in synth build.The drums are ok but could use some side compression with bass for a more defined bottom end groove.Anyways welcome aboard hope you stick around..
  • yeah Nothing wrong with planning or not planning your session what ever works and sounds good is a winner Id say..
#4July 11th, 2009 · 02:51 AM
10 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Denmark
Thx Marino! I appreciate your review... I will  work a bit more on this track and try to follow some of your hints...
#5July 11th, 2009 · 06:01 PM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
welcome aboard ,nice to have some more electronic artist overhere.

You work like me ..on the fly. and as marino sayd ,you need more compression and more bass. The track is a bit dated.But that does not stop me to make dated stuff. Try to make youre one loops. and experiment alooooooot

cheers
#6July 12th, 2009 · 03:36 AM
10 threads / 1 songs
5 posts
Denmark
Bedankt grainshifter!
#7July 13th, 2009 · 07:03 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Hey
I'm guessing this piece might be sync to images. Interesting  if you  mentioned 'battle' I saw a city , but a lonely city .. atmospheric imagination .

Nicely done yes very smooth I don't use fl studio myself but I really see why it is so popular.
You seem to be firing up on it ,gambatee go for it
BTW Welcome MarcD San 
#8July 19th, 2009 · 03:32 AM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
More Bass, otherwise great
I agree with other posters as far as it needs more bass. The middle section at 1:22 with "thunder" sounds in the background would be awesome if the storm sounds were louder - with the "war" theme.  I don't know much about making electronic music, (I am a bass player) - but I like some of it.  I am no expert, but this sounds very clean, and crisp.  Just bring on the bass and it would be that much better in my opinion.  Keep on recording, sounds good.
#9July 31st, 2009 · 12:34 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
More like the aftermath of the battle
Great track, very atmos, and very crisp top end. I use FL Studio too, and mastering for me is still a big task, but you've done well, apart from the bottom end. Which I'm sure you know about now. *points at other posts*

Keep it up
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 10:16 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.