#1July 4th, 2009 · 10:19 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
32 posts
United Kingdom
Running

This song is not in a battle

Hey, this is my first attempt at singing a song so don't epect any miracles
I'm looking for ideas on how to record vocals better as i'm new to this and i know that my recordings could sonud better
Anyway enjoy and comment away

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 4th, 2009 · 12:57 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
You've got a nice tone to your voice, the chorus is very catchy, it's too short, add a bridge and perhaps an instrumental Solo, then you have a great song.
If you you have the facilities and no how, you could add bass & drums and even some more backing vocals, the Acoustic sounds nice, personally I'd keep the first verse and chorus acoustic and then let it kick off with bass & drums either there after or just in the chorus.

You could improve the recording quality for the vox in particular, let us know your set up, mics pre-amp software etc, I'm sure we can improve on it for ya.

Yeah you've got a nice voice geezer, keep 'em comin'!!!
#3July 10th, 2009 · 12:23 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I'm with Denis nice vocal tone..Very promising indeed..Sounds a bit quiet and lacking projection...Sing a bit further away from the mic,sing with more confidence and put a pop screen on the mic or get a panty house and cut it,place it on the mic or rather cover the mic with it and that should stop the vocal pop and air sounds you have going on..Nice one!!
#4September 24th, 2009 · 05:39 AM
30 threads / 30 songs
91 posts
Germany
yeah, it's very good, i would suggest melody line on harmonica. very nice song
#5September 24th, 2009 · 06:10 AM
160 threads / 33 songs
1,965 posts
United States of America
cool tune. like the easy going feel of it.  great first try at vocals keep doing it you'll get better. when it comes to vocals Mutt Lang said pitch is more important than tone. Pitch tends to stand out more in a recording than great tone does I guess..  You don't have any timing Issues so I would concentrate on being very precise on your notes you sing ( I've been doing it awhile and I still get off pitch on about every song I record). Or... you can get cubase 5 or some of the newer software out there that has full pitch re-adjustment.  My preference is practice singing the song a bunch paying attention to hitting all the right notes correctly on pitch. 

Post your set up .  but pop filter., proper compression, right eq settings,  a good mic, all that would help. the sound. but getting tighter on the vox will be your best help.  Also if you are gonna sing the same note line more than once you need to be precise as hell.  The other trick is to sing it four or five times so the intonation differences don't stand out so much.  I rarely  double a line, I usually triple sing a line or find harmony lines to the main line.

all in all great job.  cool song.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 9:30 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.