#1June 29th, 2009 · 11:36 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Sandstorm Rider

This song is not in a battle

Just a heads up before I mention anything else, this song is in no relation to grainshifter's upload, "Sandstorm", which he put up not so long ago, heh.

This song is based off of one of my old uploads, "Three Violins & A Cello", so it features 3 violins, a pizzicato cello, and an extra drumset along with a change in style as well. It's also my first time playing with these weird sharps and flats... I took the main riff directly from a rap song that I was writing for a friend, heh.

The name was hard to come up with too... I first thought of "Desert Rider", but my friend told me I should try out "The Force of the Winds" or something like that... So I "blew up" my own song name and created Sandstorm Rider.

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 30th, 2009 · 04:44 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
Nice.... what are you using to make this sound?
At first it kinda weird it me out, because it sounds so different. As your name suggest 'XFactor'... i think this song goes well with that image. It's very busy, not fast but, gets your blood pumping. this could be a work song, lol. I really like the drums and percussion, it adds a lot. what a hot vibe this song has, huh?
#3July 4th, 2009 · 10:16 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
32 posts
United Kingdom
Interesting
Sounds abit like something u would on a boss scene in an old video game
Kept me entertained threw out
nice job
#4August 6th, 2009 · 02:16 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Rapcloudstrife - Yeah, I guess this is kinda different from the usual stuff I write - it's a completely different genre I guess. I use a program called Noteworthy Composer (still using the trial version, and loving it). After writing the song in notation (with MIDI sounds), I run it through a free online converter, hamienet.com/midi2mp3. There's 5 selections there, so I spend the same amount of time on there as I spend writing the song, testing out which instrument patch sounds best for that particular song.

malmsteenrules - Thanks, the entertaining part is really one of my goals... If only my friends would have the same respect for my music. *sighs*

--XFactor--
#5August 6th, 2009 · 06:39 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Sandstorm Rider
U still creating great music with the limited midi palate....

if this wot u want fine.........

music GREAT!!!

FISH
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 12:53 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.