first basic take(guitar/vocal) of that new song

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 24th, 2009 · 02:45 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Very smooth Vincent.
Lovely chords
One of your best vocal perfomances I've heard. [Are you using a pop shield, can hear some or similar]

Sounds nice as it is, some nice percussion would sound nice with it, and a female doing some harmony lines.

Enjoyed it.
#3June 25th, 2009 · 06:48 AM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
that's the plan Denis I recorded that song just after writing it now it's gonna gt the Jim Jims treatment watch that space
Thanks for the comment on my singing much appreciated!
#4June 27th, 2009 · 11:41 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Like the piece a lot but there are a lot of clicks on the recording (2.20 and 2.41 for example).  This was on the Moloko track too.  It's not a huge problem but I found myself listening for the clicks rather than the music.

Great vocal performance by the way.  I feel some congas would go well with this.

Paul
#5June 28th, 2009 · 03:34 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
The guitar work is so syncopated, it must've been hard singing the vocal at the same time. I like your vocals, I think the tone you use on this one fits perfectly. Just a clarification for my self, is that mostly your head voice?

I like this one too. It was very entertaining and interesting. You said it's a basic take of it, but I think you only need just a little tweaks and you are good. I think the guitar and the voice alone is great, it reminds me or i can imagine in my head a classic jazz piece back in the days, but with good recording quality. No more instruments needed, but if you feel like you it still needs more, I think an acoustic lead solo would do in my opinion. Man, i still love the guitar you put in here! Good job! 
#6June 28th, 2009 · 07:10 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
not sure what you meant by head voice but yes I guess it's my "normal" voice
the inspiration for that song is very much Brazilian music
and no I didn't struggle too much with the singing and playing at the same time
Anyway cheers for the nice comments
#7September 7th, 2009 · 06:30 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
I have entered the battle if anyone still cares about it
you should check up this month there's other great songs in it (drinking for two )
#8September 7th, 2009 · 07:23 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
lucky me
Hey vincent sitting here spring morning sydney and this little gem playing through the speakers .
Love it mate your vocal is  spot on .
Solid arrangement and pro performance.
Technically a pop shield would be the go because in my humble opinion  as it stands you could release this as is.
Bongos and shaker ???
Rate high
thanks for posting
gg
#9September 8th, 2009 · 04:36 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
207 posts
United Kingdom
This is such a great chilled out sound, and nice to hear something on accoustic that has a little more traditional feel (as opposed to the mass of jack johnson-esque music available commercially.  Nice, but very samey).  Agree with whats already been said about your voice being right on the mark for this style, and the guitar sounds well recorded apart from the occasional pop or click here and there.  Not sure what your editing application is, but most provide some kind of de-pop/clicker that can help sort that out.  Alternativley you can always just re-record a few secounds around each click, and delete the click and just do a very careful mix. 

Still I like this a lot!!!  5 Stars from me!
#10September 10th, 2009 · 12:47 PM
102 threads / 59 songs
204 posts
Canada
Really nice song here. The beginning reminded me of some Django Reinhardt stuff and the whole song has a really great toe tapping feel to it. My only suggestion would be to add a bit of harmony on the longer lines on the choruses. Great work.
#11September 11th, 2009 · 07:59 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: the wind in my sails
Luscious................

guitar excellent

vocs great!!!! but perhaps a little (????) reverb ?? to fill against the lovely guitar and bring/round  it out???...a tiny bit...not much.......a wee bit..a smidgen......not a lot....a touch...ok you get me???.....or not!!! haha

lovely song............. thank you i enjoyed this

hhhhaaaapy f-f-f-fish

#12September 15th, 2009 · 11:59 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
how good must that sound with portugese language
#13September 15th, 2009 · 06:50 PM
113 threads / 58 songs
464 posts
Nepal
well Triton I wouldn't know but I get what you say
I agree the lyrics are a bit weak compare to the tune but lyrics are never my forte and I always find it difficult to rewrite lyrics once I've painfully came out with something
#14September 15th, 2009 · 08:27 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
....I agree with most of the observations here (vocals well-executed but a smidge "dry"..in terms of effects..also the slight "boom" or "pop" detracts a little...but not too bad). I really like the overall vibe of the song....it lends itself to repeated listens!
#15September 16th, 2009 · 06:21 PM
29 threads / 14 songs
355 posts
Poland
Blew me away! Excellent! I'm not writing much cause I prefer listening You should definitely try and sing it in French or any other Romance language! Thank you
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 3:09 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.