1 2 3

#1July 2nd, 2005 · 01:17 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
7 posts
United States of America
I'm Not Your Bitch
Score: 61.7%
Battle: 2005-07

Angry?  Maybe.  In response to people who said my song "Crazy" was too mechanical, behold the majestic wonder of my limited musical skills!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 2nd, 2005 · 06:22 AM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
I like this, the levels are really well done, and your voice is really good on this, if i was one of the ones that said your last one was mechanical, then you have definatetly redeemed yourself on this... I will have a look at your old one to see if i was one of the people who said that, if i did, and that was my only real comment, i can only presume it was a good tune that was played too tightly to a mechanical drum, but until i listen again, couldn't really comment...

Back to this one, good job, keep it up!
#3July 6th, 2005 · 02:32 AM
31 threads / 5 songs
178 posts
Spain
You have a great voice on this song. Would be great to hear some Lynrd Skynrd style guitar work over it. The song is cool!
#4July 6th, 2005 · 11:15 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Very cool.  Reminded me somewhat of a great jam band called Dispatch.  Awesome front and back-end vocals, but you could definately use some lead of some sort either during or before one of your choruses to spice it up some more.  Rock on man!  
#5July 6th, 2005 · 11:15 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Oh yeah, forgot to say how much I loved your use of the wami bar to end it.  Awesome!
#6July 23rd, 2005 · 07:35 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
It's been done
The words are nice, but the melody is repetitive and has been done too many times by a lot of other bands.

its not really moving, you just need to play around with it more, it sounds like it should really move me, but it doesn't do much for me.

also i think that your main riff was used by, like, the beach boys or someone like them.

Only they sang it.
#7July 23rd, 2005 · 07:41 AM
4 posts
United Kingdom
mmm.... erm...... the percussion is good but im afraid the rest is boring and needs to be exterminated before i kill my myself. 

oo by the way... if u boil an egg after taking it directly out of the fridge it will crack!!!!
#8July 23rd, 2005 · 09:23 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
7 posts
United States of America
Motherman wrote…
mmm.... erm...... the percussion is good but im afraid the rest is boring and needs to be exterminated before i kill my myself. 

oo by the way... if u boil an egg after taking it directly out of the fridge it will crack!!!!

Please do the world a favor and continue with the self extermination.  Trolling insects such as yourself are a useless waste.
#9July 23rd, 2005 · 09:25 AM
4 threads / 4 songs
7 posts
United States of America
re: It's been done
UnfitforDuty wrote…
The words are nice, but the melody is repetitive and has been done too many times by a lot of other bands.

its not really moving, you just need to play around with it more, it sounds like it should really move me, but it doesn't do much for me.

also i think that your main riff was used by, like, the beach boys or someone like them.

Only they sang it.
That's funny.  I'm laughing-out-loud as I type this... really.  I should check my riffs before use to be sure NO ONE has used them before.  Actually, while I'm at it, allow me to check and see if anyone has used the note "D" before.  I wouldn't want to be unoriginal.
#10July 23rd, 2005 · 03:53 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
5 posts
United States of America
awesome
I love it
#11July 23rd, 2005 · 03:53 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
5 posts
United States of America
awesome
I love it
#12July 25th, 2005 · 06:36 AM
2 threads / 2 songs
20 posts
Jamaica
I have to agree w/ unfitforduty; this chord progression and feel has been done so many times before that in my opinion it's a waste of time to build a song off of it.  Plus the song doesn't have any dynamics or real color to it, so it seems to flatline the whole time.  Maybe hold out one of the chords longer than the others, try a different strumming pattern, find a way to intensify the chorus, put some hits the band all does at once... anything to make it seem like you're not the 1millionth person to use this progression!
#13July 25th, 2005 · 10:46 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
A cool song with a decent vibe to it - with some interesting instrumentation (synths etc) and a great beat - but I agree a tad repetitive. Good recording though!
#14July 25th, 2005 · 08:51 PM
15 posts
United States of America
who's a bitch?
3 chord  "bitch" song....... explore more chord structures.

boring..........sorry but you asked
#15July 25th, 2005 · 09:44 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
7 posts
United States of America
re: who's a bitch?
reddog wrote…
3 chord  "bitch" song....... explore more chord structures.

boring..........sorry but you asked
Why thank you.  Your wonderfully insightful comment has brightened up my day completely.  Thank you for the intelligent guidance and assistance.  
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 11:45 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.