32 posts
United Kingdom
Potential
Its a gd start, plenty of potential just keepi working at it
#3June 17th, 2009 · 10:09 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Sounding good...Very good melody,would fit in nicely with modern day radio play..
Some timing issues and some more vox level would be good..All in all good one indeed.
#4June 18th, 2009 · 04:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Great you're going the Live route, yeah it's bloody hard learning loads of instruments, but so rewarding when you work hard at it, improve and produce something half decent.

Hmm how are you recording the drums, sound like your a bit restricted with mics, Bass drum sounds thin.
I saw A vid tutorial on you tube where they recorded the drums with just two mics, they were positioned just above the drummers head sort of the width of the kit, the mics were pionting to the beater of the bass drum, not perfect, but not s bad sound.

Go kiddo, Yeah live is good!!

Keep it up!!
#5June 23rd, 2009 · 01:14 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Like another of your songs I reviewed, I think the recording and mixing let you down with this one.  The playing, while not up to a top quality standard, are all ok.  The vocals are also no problem.  But there are times when this one just sounds too messy.
It's a good composition though, and was an enjoyable listen.
Cheers
Jim A
#6July 14th, 2009 · 04:52 PM
18 threads / 18 songs
125 posts
Canada
song
OK, recording quality aside, I think the vocals are pretty good. If you have more range in you and can work on holding notes at pitch, you could have something there. Good composition.

GK
#7July 14th, 2009 · 09:52 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Wow...when I read your description and some of the reviews, I figured this was not going to be very good....but when I DID listen to it...it comes across as an emotionally valid piece....Some really cool, emotive parts...It's got a compelling quality to it...that makes me want to hear it again and again....in my humble opinion, this could be winner with a little tweaking. Your musicianship is better than you think...you obviously know what you're doing here (however, this seems to be the kind of piece where the most important thing is not how well you play the instrument..or how well you sing...it's the passion you put into the song...and there is definitely a lot of passion in this!) I think you should really develop this more...I actually like your vocals...they fit with the song (your vocals have an emotive quality that works here for me..furthermore you let the instruments do part of the talking for you here...I think there is a definite genre for this piece....hang on to it!)
#8July 15th, 2009 · 07:58 AM
15 threads / 5 songs
76 posts
Australia
thanks
Wow thanks guys, what I was going for with this song was a mood not so much tech guitar riffs and sick drumming. I know my lyrics aren't very long but they mean a lot and help to portray the feelings I was going for. I always try to write stuff that I like and that will get stuck in your head and hopefully I've achieved this. Thanks so much for the feedback I'm thinking I might polish out this track a bit and take it to the studio (one of my mates has offered to record me for free he studies at an audio engineering college) and get some descent drums and add some bass and spend a bit longer than 3 minutes on the solo. Will post it when done
#9July 15th, 2009 · 05:34 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Change
HONEST..............
DEspite wot anyone else has said
this is good........BUT!!!!!

The band is great  .....but it doesnt sound great (recorded)...YET!!!!
U R at the lip of learning!!!!! how to record and mix............. work at getting the sound

Its like a show and tell ????

lots of tips to follow I hope...........

so tell us what software use to record.............

Audacity??

fish
#10July 24th, 2009 · 07:07 PM
10 threads / 10 songs
39 posts
United States of America
Good song, worthy of better recording.
I like the song, its difficult to get recordings to sound good sometimes.  Hope you record it again, with a different set-up.  Good song.
#11July 31st, 2009 · 12:58 AM
9 threads / 9 songs
64 posts
Australia
Hi JD!!!
Man, now I'm really interested in that offer of yours. That's a seriously good track dude, my heart was thumping through the whole piece.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 23rd, 2024 · 1:05 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.