1 2 3

#1July 1st, 2005 · 02:57 PM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
I think I know
Score: 64.7%
Battle: 2005-08

Twisted Lyrics, w/ electronic song - sampled sounds. Please Listen, Comment, and Rate.
Thanks

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2July 19th, 2005 · 09:50 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
An interesting piece, with an hypnotic synth bass line and some interesting sound effects. I also liked the percussion appearing around 1:25.

There is just one thing that I do think hampers it a bit - while the old-skool drum synth vibe goes hand in hand with this style of music, the kick was way too weak for my liking. Something with punch, maybe a little sub bass and some tasty compression would really give this track a driving force for me - the low-end bass seems alot more pronounced in the synth bass line than the kick.

Look forward to hearing more
#3July 20th, 2005 · 09:48 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Thanks
Thanks Dave. That's exactly the kind of thing I am hoping to get from this site.
#4July 20th, 2005 · 04:11 PM
10 threads / 8 songs
39 posts
Cambodia
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think these lyrics are sung... threateningly enough for this style of music.  Well, perhaps not threatening... but right now I think they're too light in comparison with the rest of the song.

I like it, especially that bass line it starts off on.  You might have overdone that odd sound from 1:09, though... I'd have it cut out when the second verse starts, and put it back in where you have it re-entering at 2:13.
#5July 22nd, 2005 · 03:52 PM
9 threads / 4 songs
90 posts
United Kingdom
I agree to some point moose but also, maybe the slightly jolly thing about the vocals etc... give it something else.
#6July 23rd, 2005 · 06:47 PM
28 threads / 20 songs
255 posts
Australia
you mustn't have many friends... i mean making songs on computer. this site gets ruined when so many people make songs on there computer or record 3 different guitar parts and just put it all together on comp by themselves! i mean BANDamp people... get a band and play, TRUST me! alot more fun
#7July 24th, 2005 · 11:34 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
No problem Soni - for the record, I like to play with things, and I enjoyed your track - so I downloaded it and ran it through some mastering plugins. Those drums were easy to fix with some simple EQ work and multiband compression.

Consider getting some free plugins and working on mastering - easy to do wrong, but when done right can work wonders for your mixes. Of course, better to get the sound you want than to tweak it later, but its just an extra layer of polish that differentiates a good audio production from a great one. Thats all the advice I got for you right now, everything else seemed cool to me!
#8July 28th, 2005 · 04:27 AM
12 threads / 9 songs
142 posts
United States of America
Thanks everybody.
Uh, wow, a lot of responses.
SamuraiMoose. Yeah, I extended it because it sounded like it died too fast when I cut it. And I'll take into consideration the vocal thing. My vox aren't that strong, but I can certainly give it a try, and if not, I will trust orlandos opinion.

Chill. You are right. I don't have many friends. Moved to a new town, got a three year old and a real job. It gets a bit difficult to continue with a group a people, but maybe you are right.

However, until the owners of this site limit the content to bands only, I will enjoy all the great ideas here that are generated by people who just love making music. The action of popular opinion will drive this site to its inteded destination.

Dave. I'll be contacting you.

Thanks everyone.
#9July 28th, 2005 · 03:34 PM
11 threads / 11 songs
45 posts
Belgium
I like the singing on that tune and the bass groove also ... some effect are cool. A very intimate song in a way.
I just don't like some sounds you use but it's just a matter of taste. The sounds wich hurt me the most is the kick.
Anyway nice job dude keep on workin!
#10July 29th, 2005 · 06:52 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Well I don't know
Either this is not my kind of music. But is sounded really really wierd.
#11August 1st, 2005 · 04:06 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
Its very cool, chilled out. Maybe a bit too chilled out...sorta like a song to get stoned too.
Like it though! Cool. I think the 'weird sound' it awesome! haha 
#12August 1st, 2005 · 08:58 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
I think when people cririsize, they should bear in mind what the artist is trying to do. So what if he's not in a band. He created a very unique peice of retro new-wave sounding electronic music.
#13August 1st, 2005 · 09:01 PM
3 threads
87 posts
United States of America
Criticize
Oops criticize. Please feel free to crittisyse my spelling.
#14August 1st, 2005 · 11:05 PM
5 threads / 5 songs
15 posts
Romania
Very good song.
#15August 2nd, 2005 · 06:12 AM
49 threads / 42 songs
493 posts
United Kingdom
I emailed you soni@sonicist.com did u get it?

If not add me on MSN punkrulez@hotmail.com
1 2 3

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 8:48 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.