#1June 11th, 2009 · 11:40 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Night Lights

This song is not in a battle

Here's a gospel gone jazz remix... It's kinda bad since this is my first time at writing jazz music; notation for this kinda stuff is confusing indeed! But anyways, it features a tenor sax, trumpet, drums/percussion, "hammond piano", and an alto sax solo. Again, I'm using the same MIDI converter, so bear with me on the sound quality. It took me around 2 hours to write (yes, experimenting takes time, even for a 1 minute+ song..). Anyways, I actually came up with the chords before I wrote the melody - I didn't even know at the start that it was going to turn out to be a "This Little Light of Mine" remix, but hey, music can make its own turns anywhere, anytime!

I type too much, eh?

--XFactor--

(The song is not done! I got lazy and looped the part after the chorus...)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 12th, 2009 · 01:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hello Midi Man..lol
I'm not a lover of Jazz midi, but hey let's talk about the composition.
The melodies are bright and happy, so yeah it did put a little smile on my face.
Nicely arranged.
Would you consider producing this with either real instruments or real patches, personally I would like that.
The drums a bit buried.

Yeah it's cool for your first Jazz composition

BTW I too have a song  called 'Night Lights', it's on the AMP, how freeky is that 

Keep smiling!!

#3June 12th, 2009 · 03:21 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
LOL! sounds like pure midi? Im not sure what to say beyond that? Lovely tune though.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:09 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.