1 2

#1June 11th, 2009 · 06:14 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Action Film Soundtrack

This song is not in a battle

Just thought I'd try something different.  A soundtrack-style piece in a more electronic genre than I usually lean towards.  I'm really trying to hone the production side of my stuff at the moment so any comments on that side would be appreciated too.

Paul

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 11th, 2009 · 11:52 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
No offence, but the intro sounds like it could be for a rap song - it sounds good though! Love the pizzicato strings! 

Around 0:33, the drums kicking in are great, and that synth sound at around 0:40 goes in well too! I could see this happening at a nice rave party...

1:31... LOVED that effect! Was that setting everything to full bass? It sounded sweet there!

So yeah, I think you achieved the goal you were going for; the kind of Matrix/James Bond chase scene feel... It's pretty appealing throughout the whole song and the transitions go extremely well. 

... Nice fade out... 

--XFactor--
#3June 12th, 2009 · 01:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Hmmm 90's film track, sort of Beverly Hills Cop.
Like the Drums & Bass. nice strings, Brass sounds a bit thin, I like the ambient pads.

Would love to hear you blow, you da Tumpet Man.

Cheers
#4June 12th, 2009 · 03:19 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
XFactor wrote…
No offence, but the intro sounds like it could be for a rap song

--XFactor--

Why should that be offensive?  Some of the most cutting edge producers produce rap and hip hop etc... Having said that... The intro strings drop way too sudden, try some verb and a bit of delay to give it a tail that doesnt die off immediately.  Production wise its sounding pretty decent.  The overall vibe, if action film, is 80's action film... (no offense, LOL!) Nice work on the drums... sound natural...dont know if thats a sample, midi or programming but it works.  now then, having said that... you have all the elements here to make a good tune although I feel you made some soft choices when it came to the sounds you used.  They kind of sound shallow or generic for lack of a better description. (Which I think is what lends itself to sounding like an 80's flick)  What im trying to say, is that you obviously have production talent... now take the time to find the sounds that do you justice! GJ!
#5June 13th, 2009 · 09:30 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
MindsAtPlay wrote…
Why should that be offensive?  Some of the most cutting edge producers produce rap and hip hop etc...

It is offensive indeed, at least to me it would be. If someone (the listener) cannot understand the genre of the song, then I'd take offense because my music couldn't portray what I meant it to.

--XFactor--
#6June 13th, 2009 · 01:46 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Hmmm, thats a sad point of view.... There are several of us who dont stick to a genre 100% of the time.  I know that a hell of a lot of us borrow from other genre's to add to what we have... NO OFFENSE but,  I think your type of thinking is limiting.  You cant put music in a pretty little box.  Oh wait, except when its all MIDI!  And im out on this one...
#7June 13th, 2009 · 03:58 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
GTA......Somewhere between Tommy driving into a purple sunset in his Inferno and CJ doing his dancing thing down at Santa Marina Beach.......very clean 80s Midi sounds. lol
 XFactor : The effect at 1:31 is a Low Cut I believe.
The drum is good , nice and hard, production is cool , sounds are too dry.
But seriously very gta lol
#8June 14th, 2009 · 01:31 AM
4 posts
United States of America
cool
Made me think of the old Chuck Norris movies.  I suppose that is a good thing.  It really had a retro feeling.  I liked it.
#9June 14th, 2009 · 09:24 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

Thanks for the comments.  I have taken them all on board although I don't necessarily agree with them all (they are all appreciated though). 

Kings and Xfactor - 1:31 is a Kill EQ affecting high and mid frequencies leaving only the lows.

Mindsatplay - The strings are supposed to die suddenly.  I was trying to get a Sfzp effect.  Perhaps a second part underneath to give the illusion of a longer tail whilst retaining the attack of the original part may work.

Denis - I'm hoping to upload a new track later today with a bit of flugel playing on it.  I intend to record it after the tennis!

Paul
#10June 14th, 2009 · 02:29 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
PRG wrote…
Kings and Xfactor - 1:31 is a Kill EQ affecting high and mid frequencies leaving only the lows.

Paul

Otherwise known as a Low pass....or low cut...
#11June 16th, 2009 · 09:22 AM
11 threads / 11 songs
32 posts
United Kingdom
I love it! Very retro, deffinately wouldnt go a miss in a 90s action film.
#12June 16th, 2009 · 01:14 PM
5 threads
6 posts
India
  Good stuff ! For some reason, i cant get rid of a smile of my face after listenin to it.
#13June 16th, 2009 · 06:19 PM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
hmmm.... kinda not digging the drum beat you chose for this. Maybe, a more fast drum beat, but at the same tempo. Idk... I don't like the way the kick drum sounds like. hmmm... b
#14June 17th, 2009 · 03:40 PM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
Some nice effects....
but like someone wrote a little earlier, it's all a bit thin
Cant see any "action" not even Chuck Norrrrrrrrris... oh "who the 4-letter-word is Chuck Norrrrrrris?"
But a crisp production
#15June 17th, 2009 · 10:12 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice layering and sequencing..Not sure of the theme analogy but regardless music is very well put together..Loving most of all the drum work..Seems to be the most detailed and work on part..The synth leads are way cool...good one...
1 2

Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 2:35 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.