#1June 10th, 2009 · 09:25 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Tattooed Hands

This song is not in a battle

The song started in a really odd place actually... It was 2:10 and I was sitting in my 5th period class, Bible. So I sit there, bored, wondering when the class is going to end (- a few people goof off all the time, so we spend time talking about garbage stuff)... Anyways, as I'm watching the clock, I start thinking of this chord progression (I don't know what that means; it looks fancy) and I start writing the chords... Only to find out... That I'm out of paper. I look around my binder, but NO PAPER! So I grab my pen and start writing them on my hands... It looked pretty hectic on my left hand in the end, but hey, I got a song written from that event happening!

I guess that's why I called it Tattooed Hands.

(First part wasn't written during Bible class; I just threw it in there (the tempo is supposed to 120 per quarter but I made it 140 per quarter for the actual song, so it's REALLY fast).)

(If you're wondering, the chords are Dm, Bb, C, Bb... Dm, Bb, F, C, etc. It's pretty simply chords.)

(Okay, I'm a forgetful person, I have to admit; does anyone know any better MIDI converters? This song is supposed to have violins, but they don't sound very violin-ish... It's the MIDI patch "String Ensemble 1".)

(I'm also thinking I should probably include this stuff without brackets, eh?)

(GOOO BRACKETS!)

--XFactor--

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 11th, 2009 · 01:59 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well the chord progression is pretty basic, but you did some neat stuff around it. Yes it could use some better sounds, and perhaps a better volume balance between instruments, but I like the energy coming off the heavier parts. I can imagine vocals to this, as of now you filled up pretty much every available frequency range with instrumentals leaving no real room to add them. That is the trick of true instrumentals vs. the instrumental backing to a song. But you might not want to add vocals.

Anyway, nice job, yes please do investigate better MIDI converters!

cheers

(btw Bible class..?? WTH??)
#3June 11th, 2009 · 03:44 PM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
PuppetXeno wrote…
(btw Bible class..?? WTH??)

Precisely! 
#4June 11th, 2009 · 04:37 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
this rocks man!

great ideas. youve combined everything perfectly together...sure the instruments sound fake and everything, but if you get people who can actually play this real instruments, youll really have somehting.

reminds me of coldplay.
rock on!
#5June 12th, 2009 · 12:02 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Thanks for the reviews and tips guys!

The volume was pretty much unchangeable; the converter I use can only take in so many instruments at once; adding more just simply makes it sound worse (with more clipping noises). The song featured quite a few instruments too: 4 violins, overdriven guitar, distortion guitar, piano, bass, guitar harmonics (at the beginning) and... I think that's all. But yeah, I wrote the distortion, violin, and overdriven guitar parts to have chords, so it's like having distortion guitar: times 3, overdriven guitar: times 2, etc.

Yeah, I know the Bible class thing was a bit odd.

I guess some days I just start creating a beat in my head and it goes with me throughout the day, until I come up with a good riff I can loop and make chords for, which I then write it down (in this case, on my hand, making it look like tattoos).

I'm open to any vocal submissions if people want to... I honestly have no aptitude for writing lyrics to my music, simply because I'm lyrically challenged (I hope that means what I meant it to mean).

Anyways, I think I've typed enough... 1183 characters typed (including double spacing)!

--XFactor--
#6June 12th, 2009 · 03:23 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
This sounds a lot like Lincoln Park only midi? Another lovely yet midi tune...
#7August 6th, 2009 · 02:17 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I can see why it sounds like Linkin Park... Maybe Skillet even, because of the string ensemble? I didn't really get inspired by either, haha. Full-out MIDI is my style, man!

--XFactor--
#8August 6th, 2009 · 06:35 PM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
re: Tattooed Hands
Classy Musician at work here ... I reckon

Do you want your music to sound like ATARI games????

The Music is great!!!!
but the sounds restricted by GM
so what are software u using to compose...........

If U like and want this (game) sound then fine ........ Its Great!!!!!!!!!!

If not then ask for help from bandampers...

Swordfish
#9August 10th, 2009 · 01:06 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I haven't asked for help (software-wise) yet, simply because I can't really make use of most of it. See, being just an average- wait, no, I'm pretty well off... I have internet. But yeah, my dad's really stubborn so he doesn't like paying for or installing any other software I want. (And yes, I HAVE been asking nicely...)

Again, I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this sometime or another, but all the music I make is done through Noteworthy Composer 1.75 - Trial Edition. Yes, that means limited saves (9 per song), but it's a pretty nice MIDI composer. My dad DID buy the full version, but I wasn't at home, so he went along and installed it on the "crappy" computer - fast speed, nice specs, just can't do anything. Worst of the all, the MIDI mapper SUCKS!

I should've answered this earlier, perhaps, but no, I don't want my music to sound like a video game, as much as it does right now, hehe. When I'm converting the MIDI file online into an MP3, I use multiple conversions to achieve the "liveliest" sound I can get. There's 5 conversion methods to choose from and each sounds slightly different from the other (as displayed in the Tetris Medley stuff I've posted previously).

Okay... I guess that sums up my "rant", hehe.

Haha, well I guess I should thank everyone again for listening to my music and writing good reviews about it - I really respect everyone's feedback.

--XFactor--
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 6:43 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.