#1June 9th, 2009 · 05:24 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sentimental Mood

This song is not in a battle

Marino kindly suggested I should invest some time looking for some good wave loops. Came accross Loopmasters.com [you can download some for free] Would like some feedback on the samples please.

The Jazz drum loops I downloaded are the best I've heard, so I finished this composition I've been messsing around with.

Cheers

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 9th, 2009 · 06:10 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Totally awesome Denis..You've got it..I can see you suddenly expanding here..i really think a drum loop pattern cd much like what producers use will come in very handy..You can still micro mange them as you do your own track...Very cool track  indeed!
#3June 9th, 2009 · 06:29 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Totally awesome Denis..You've got it..I can see you suddenly expanding here..i really think a drum loop pattern cd much like what producers use will come in very handy..You can still micro mange them as you do your own track...Very cool track  indeed!

Thanks M for encouraging me to find the loops, I was quite impressed with ones I downloaded!!
All the Best
#4June 10th, 2009 · 10:29 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Once again Denis, you have accomplished to produce an extremely smooth song. Beautiful feel as usual. I do like the  brushes quite a bit..... is that part of the drum loops you mentioned?   *Nice touch indeed! and that jazz guitar is candy to the ears.
~ Peace ~
Fid
#5June 10th, 2009 · 10:48 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Fiddlah wrote…
Once again Denis, you have accomplished to produce an extremely smooth song. Beautiful feel as usual. I do like the  brushes quite a bit..... is that part of the drum loops you mentioned?   *Nice touch indeed! and that jazz guitar is candy to the ears.
~ Peace ~
Fid

Thanks Fid, yeah played with the new Rally Jazz Arch Top, new drum loop indeed.  I'm going to download some Lounge Drum Loops too.
Cheers
Denis
#6June 11th, 2009 · 11:55 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
This song sounds like the kind of cheesy stuff adults listen to... 

But regardless of that, it sounds great!

You mentioned something about a drum loop; you mean the drums were electronic, not real? Everything sounds like real-life studio quality...!

--XFactor--
#7June 12th, 2009 · 04:10 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
XFactor wrote…
This song sounds like the kind of cheesy stuff adults listen to... 

But regardless of that, it sounds great!

You mentioned something about a drum loop; you mean the drums were electronic, not real? Everything sounds like real-life studio quality...!

--XFactor--

The drums are Live drums loops, I'm so glad you commented about this, cause that's what I was hoping the listener would hear and feel, hence I've been driving myself crazy to buy an acoustic kit, but in reality I've nowhere to permanently set them up and have the time to practice in the hope that I would be good enough to record them, although I may still buy a kit, store them in the loft and occasionally have a bash, or indeed I may be fortunate to find a drummer who is willing to collaborate??
Cheers
#8June 12th, 2009 · 03:25 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
This drips elegance! Can distinguish samples from the real thing! Top Notch!!!!
#9June 25th, 2009 · 06:59 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
yup
The drums are spot on mate ambience oozes .
With the bass am picking up some frequency rattles lower mids o.34 secs in  eg on some of the upper notes , could be my airplane ears or EQ and level, or guitar line  is pushing up into the mix taking away the beautiful air and lightness to the piece.

Editing up drum loops from disk is a good look too.

Awsome job Denis hats off all around mate.

greg
#10June 26th, 2009 · 02:34 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
re: yup
blakhatz wrote…
The drums are spot on mate ambience oozes .
With the bass am picking up some frequency rattles lower mids o.34 secs in  eg on some of the upper notes , could be my airplane ears or EQ and level, or guitar line  is pushing up into the mix taking away the beautiful air and lightness to the piece.

Editing up drum loops from disk is a good look too.

Awsome job Denis hats off all around mate.

greg

I was wondering about the bass, because there's no Bass guitar I left it as it is, so yeah perhaps I could lighten up the guitars and add bass guitar, although this was recorded with an archtop guitar, so one could argue that it's bassy, experimenting would be interesting.
I've also downloaded ezdrummer, wow the drum patches are superb, when Marino gets time he's gonna teach me how to use it with Fruity loops, where I will be able to create, edit etc
cheers
#11June 26th, 2009 · 07:20 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Denis I havent forgotten..Sorry for the late response to your gmail..I've been in a bit of a rough week, swamp with work and band work but we will get to it...Ill most likely not be home much this weekend but maybe we can meet for an 1hr on sunday..Lets keep in touch via Gmail..
Cheers.
#12June 26th, 2009 · 02:14 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
75 posts
United States of America
Drum loops aside...You sure get great levels on your recordings. Do you mix into a limiter?
#13June 26th, 2009 · 03:09 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Halfstack wrote…
Drum loops aside...You sure get great levels on your recordings. Do you mix into a limiter?

Yes I use a limiter, it's always the last effect I use, it's the best way to use it.  You sometimes have to experiment with the gain depending on how well the parts have been recorded for me I raise the gain anything from 3 to 6 Db, hence I try to record at the maximum recording level to noise ratio, too little will effect produces hardly any effect in the overall dynamics, too much sounds false and no control over the quieter bits if any, although very effective for rock if it's been played full volume all the way through.  It works for me, or that's how I use it, don't know how else to use it.

Cheers
#14June 26th, 2009 · 03:20 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Marino wrote…
Denis I havent forgotten..Sorry for the late response to your gmail..I've been in a bit of a rough week, swamp with work and band work but we will get to it...Ill most likely not be home much this weekend but maybe we can meet for an 1hr on sunday..Lets keep in touch via Gmail..
Cheers.

M you've already helped me loads, I totally respect your time and effort in helping me and other alike, I know that you work to a tight and long schedule, how you get the energy and motivation to sustain it is simply incredible, even unbelievable. So when your ready fella, no pressure on my part.
#15July 6th, 2009 · 04:57 AM
59 threads / 56 songs
162 posts
Netherlands
Nice one Denis! just curious   where did you find those fine acoustic drum samples? so i can mess-them-up for my productions

Overal great mix,loungy and ask for more "stuff" in the mix.

greets
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 7:21 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.