#1June 5th, 2009 · 04:57 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Instrumental Piano Piece

This song is not in a battle

Here's another piano piece.. not finished but ah. What would you expect from me :p

Greetz

Steven

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2009 · 05:32 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Very nice piece. You should finish it.

For some reason, and I don't know why, but this evoked in me an image of someone standing at the end of a pier, looking out to sea. That sort of thing doesn't usually happen to me, so I thought I'd mention it

I liked the dynamics and the changes of mood. It was an enjoyable listen. Thankyou.
#3June 6th, 2009 · 11:53 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
This piece is finished, it has if anything it has too much, the arrangements are lovely. Any more changes would spoil it, Unless you want to make an Epic out of it.

If I get stuck on finishing a song, sometimes I use the intro as the outro, it normaly fits.

Call it the first movement [I think thats the right term]

Beautiful Melodies and feel, AWESOME

A couple of mistakes, but hardly noticable.
#4August 26th, 2012 · 11:27 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
65 posts
United States of America
Yes, im digging, the off note I hope is leading to something, .................yep here it comes, love the chord change,  nice resolve, theres the off key key again, a musical indication something is going to , yep it did. Hey ahhhhhhh whered it go . dude please finish,........... In the end " not outro" but toward the end could you see what some sampled choir, hell even midi choirs Aghhsss sound like in the mix, See how they would fit in the mix and then what dennis said with the outro You so got this, dont get bored with this one, reach deep and pull it all the way out, it desreves it. If this track was on a mix for when i wanna relax it would be one of my favs, I felt connected to this piece. the off key got my attention, but in a good way because I felt there was resolve and closure. you gotta finish this or your gonna sometimes wonder what you could have done with this. Its nice to listen to, If you put a cd together with this type of playing together I would buy it. yes actually pay for it with respect to the composer. I havent heard your other stuff but Im interested to hear whatelse youve got brewing
#5August 27th, 2012 · 02:34 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
This has a feel of spring somehow. New blooming flowers and trees, chirping birds, sunrays reflecting  in the morning dew, foggy hills................

Very peaceful

U.L.I.

#6August 27th, 2012 · 07:55 AM
176 threads / 26 songs
2,342 posts
United Kingdom
Lovely piece
Great big dollops of Gallic sounding melody/harmony.....

When listening me and sue had a 'who does this remind you of' competition .....

And we both came up with the same ....... Eric Satie !!!!!!!

On the point of not finishing ........

Perhaps trying to incorporate some pre existing musical form might be useful ....
Denis hits the nail on the head ....... And for me this composition is begging to return to the first. Melodic line ... That would probably round it off well

Most of us are music doers not book readers ......
But a bit of basic understanding so composition is directed process rather than unfocused is for most a good thing .....
I know you already know this .... From college days

Perhaps a little article about some basic forms in the pit might be useful to some ampers

Please finish this its great!!

Gymnopedie fish
#7August 28th, 2012 · 02:52 AM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Great to hear from you guys! I appreciate your kind comments!
This piece is quite old, I didn't think of it for a long time since i made it.
Aarondeager, perhaps it is a good idea to record a CD with this kind of music,
I wrote a lot of other piano pieces. I will record them soon!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 5:26 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.