#1June 5th, 2009 · 04:44 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Freedom

This song is not in a battle

Hey guys,

Here is a new song of mine, rapped by $ane, female vocals by Lotte Nobelen.

Hope you like it,

Cheers,

Steven

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2009 · 05:04 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
This is superb! I'm not really a fan of this sort of music and I don't know how much of the backing music, if any, is original, but overall as a finished piece this is really good. The vocals, both male and female, are professional sounding and the backing music, if not original (maybe it is, I don't know), is a perfect choice regardless. One small nitpick I have- the first change, from the rapping to the female vocal didnt work for me. I was expecting a key change that didnt happen. The second time around when the female vox goes straight into the 'free...' bit is spot on, but there was something lacking the first time round. Nice tune anyway. Well done!
#3June 5th, 2009 · 05:12 PM
39 threads / 38 songs
131 posts
Netherlands
Hey man, glad you like it.
The music is all 100% original and created by me. The trumpets where played by a friend of mine.
No samples! .

About the thing about the female vocals, yeh, I think the change is too sudden also. I am not too glad about that part too.

Thanks for the comment!

Greets

Steven
#4June 5th, 2009 · 05:17 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
In that case, it's even better than I thought. I loved the jazzy keys and the trumpets were pretty fine as well. I raise my earlier comment from "nice tune anyway. Well done!" to "Excellent tune! Bloody well done!"

Like I say, rap ain't my thang, but this is a professional job in all its aspects and I actually did enjoy listening to it.
#5June 5th, 2009 · 05:27 PM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
Man, I loved the energy from this! The trumpet intro is awesome; the vocals are great as well!

(I heard your James Bond adaptation earlier; the chords in this definitely sound like they could be in a James Bond movie, at least more than the other song, haha...)

Lotte Nobelen has an amazing voice... This song continues to amaze me as it plays...

Around 1:50, the piano has an awesome jazzy solo, with the transition to the trumpet solo being awesome!

This is definitely going on my MP3 player.

Nice fade out at the end!

--XFactor--
#6June 5th, 2009 · 05:31 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
I really like this, it just needs a few tweaks, that's all.
I love it when the female vox come in, sorry I've never been a lover of Rap style vox, so don't take that as a negative please.
I like the overall sound and vib.
The only thing I'd work on is the Drum and Bass I assume these are real ? The Bass drum perhaps and the tone of the Bass, Man they are the two hardest to get right in any song, so something that will blend with the rest of the music.

Yeah NICE ONE
#7June 5th, 2009 · 06:26 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Fantastic track! Not something I'd listen to very often, this is something to put in a playlist and have come by every once in a while. But, it's really well constructed. I'm not a fan of rap either but this is well executed without bothersome artificial attitude - that makes it bearable. The female vox are really pretty, instrumentals and production is all levelled and mixed out good. However somehow this feels more like ready to be routed through a PA than through a home stereo set, if you know what I mean? Probably mastered on really good speakers. Well that ain't bad.
#8June 6th, 2009 · 08:03 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
Very good song, I'm also 'not into rap' but yea!... this is good, good vibe, free of overly done attitude indeed, good soul. Your girls certainly got an excellent voice.
I was surprised how the music actually fits the 'rap' perfectly, it must be the preconditioned idea I have that a rap must have heavy beats and bass.
This is new and fresh, the rap is done well, textually, grammatically and in it's performance, it's all recorded well and is a good composition.....top notch Raxor.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: March 29th, 2024 · 5:53 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.