#1June 4th, 2009 · 12:52 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Ghostrider

This song is not in a battle

This is our band in the rehearsal studio last weekend, using my new Tascam US1641 to record the lot!

Originally a Suicide track, also famously covered by Soft Cell and The Sisters of Mercy as set-closers, this is one of our finest performances of the song. In that, it's under 15 minutes for a change. And we got a messy timing in the beginning which turned out to be a cool side effect, so here it is.

Hope you enjoy!

PS. that's Art on main vox, Ed on guitar, Winric on drums, and me on bass/backing vox (should've shut up here and there, oh well)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2009 · 05:51 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Don't really know what to say for this mate. Since it's a cover, I can't comment on the composition. It's a good recording with a great live feel. Performance-wise, I felt that the guitarist was perhaps struggling with the tempo on occasion, to be honest. The bass player seemed pretty good

You've certainly nailed the energy of the song anyway and as a trial for your new Tascam recording thingy I'd say it is definitely a success.

Rock on!
#3June 7th, 2009 · 04:42 PM
55 threads / 30 songs
1,558 posts
United Kingdom
Well you've certainly delivered a song with tonnes of energy!  It's a bit messy in places, but I think I would have enjoyed it a lot had I been there - the dynamics of playing live can make up for the messy bits.
If you're other stuff is similar in feeling to this, then your audience will go home pretty hyped up.
Good stuff PX, would love to see you guys live
Jim A
#4June 8th, 2009 · 10:49 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
I can see what you say about the timing in the intro,as its a live sound it gives it that much more that vibe..Wow the recording is quite good..Excellent performance too....Super energetic track...Good one PX!
#5June 9th, 2009 · 01:47 AM
37 threads / 25 songs
237 posts
United States of America
all i can say is PX APPEAL
#6September 7th, 2011 · 02:37 AM
117 threads / 27 songs
1,057 posts
Germany
Uff!!
Fastened my seat belt. Coz thatīs blowing me off of my chair. Itīs rough, hard, dirty fast and high energetic.
You can substitute an atomic nuclear power plant with this song and switch it off, hahaha.
Some skunk punk .

U.L.I.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 9:01 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.