Crossing The Great Green

This song is not in a battle

An orchestral piece

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 4th, 2009 · 12:21 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow.. I remember when you first played around with drum programming.. Now hear this! Very impressive, I'm getting a fantasy MMORPG itch from this. The part from 3:46 - 4:07 is truly masterful.

How long did it take you to piece this together? It's fantastic. Conan rejoices!
#3June 4th, 2009 · 02:50 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ohhh that cello is magnicient, what a great sound, all through the registers too. Infact the samples are some of the best I've heard.
It sounds very BRITISH.
Yeah the change at the 3.40 mark really makes the composition, very nice.

Great composition

Well done!!!!
#4June 4th, 2009 · 03:33 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks guys. Yeah, that part at 3:46 is my favourite bit too

I found a great little free program called MULAB and I played around with it for a while. A friend of mine has Edirol Orchestral which is the VST which I used for all the orchestral samples- it really is a fantastic tool. The whole thing took a couple of days to throw together.

As to the 'British' comment, well, it is highly inspired by Gustav Holst whose 'Planets' suite I have adored for years (actually got to the Royal Festival Hall in London to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra perform the whole thing a couple of weeks back, which was brilliant) so that would appear to verify your observation, Denis
#5June 5th, 2009 · 06:43 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
ktartandude wrote…
Thanks guys. Yeah, that part at 3:46 is my favourite bit too

I found a great little free program called MULAB and I played around with it for a while. A friend of mine has Edirol Orchestral which is the VST which I used for all the orchestral samples- it really is a fantastic tool. The whole thing took a couple of days to throw together.

As to the 'British' comment, well, it is highly inspired by Gustav Holst whose 'Planets' suite I have adored for years (actually got to the Royal Festival Hall in London to see the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra perform the whole thing a couple of weeks back, which was brilliant) so that would appear to verify your observation, Denis ;)

Nice, I too get inspiration for Classical work, in particular it helps with creating melodies, Motzart is my favoirite. Yeah great programme the Edirol, I recently purchased a Roland 1080 synth module, they have a couple of expassion cards for all maner of orchestral sounds, I will purchase one one day, although I have quite a few on it with the patches that come with it, it's amazing how varied the sounds are to suite the feel of what you are creating.
Cheers
#6June 11th, 2009 · 06:05 PM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Really Nice
Very nice piece and, as others have said, 3:46 is the high point.  Reminds me of a Bach 2 Part Invention but with a separate bass part.

Big thumbs up from me!

PRG
#7June 12th, 2009 · 03:28 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Holy SMOKES!? This is awesome! MMORPG indeed! This is Epic! It sounds so pro im taken aback!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 4:08 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.