#1May 30th, 2009 · 08:06 PM
3 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Fiji Islands
Gimmi Sum Mo

This song is not in a battle

Another reggae/hiphop cross... but toooooo much effects on the percussion in the background; there is alot of excessive echo and reverb!!
please give feedback! this was our first ever song that we did together!!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 31st, 2009 · 06:22 AM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
This is like tootaaly not my style of music........but as a song I listened and quite enjoyed.
Theres too much Cher (or what ever it's called) effect over the vocal, I still hear it used on the commercial crap on the radio around here but it's usually used less .... not all the way through.
It's chilled and pleasant , less vocal effect and it would be widely accepted.
#3June 1st, 2009 · 12:47 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
I love the vocoder. Man great amount of usage of the vocoder today, makes me compare it to Kanye West a lot. This is just me, I feel like you did not exactly mixed hip-hop and raggae together well. I like it but I think it's the instrument used on. I don't think the steel drum go well, it sounds really soft. I guess what I was expecting was a more crisp sound. The rhthm and everything goes well, just try changing the steel drum.
It was good though. Very modern. It shows that not only Kanye West do this stuff. But underground musicians too.
#4June 1st, 2009 · 12:49 AM
24 threads / 15 songs
160 posts
United States of America
I really like this one.... listening to it twice.
#5June 1st, 2009 · 02:40 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice Sunshine Music, yeah I could listen to this whilst relaxing by the poolside with a cool drink.
The pitch corrector imo is OK to create an effect where necessary, but each to there own.

You did a great job for your first song today. Hmm if you think there is too much reverb/echo why did you nit remix it?

Let's here some more.

Welcome to BandAMP
#6June 4th, 2009 · 11:54 AM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Yeah I'm not a fan of pitch correction either. Mainly when I have had too much to drink and some track like that is being played, and I can't turn it off, the sterility will get me all nauseous. I mean that!

That said I suppose going over the top with this effect like I think you're doing here is another way of being creative, so that's all ok. Not my thang, but it would not be a surprise to hear this being played someplace with lots of people bouncing up and down a dancefloor of sorts. Production is crisp so, well done.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 20th, 2024 · 12:41 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.