#1May 28th, 2009 · 09:39 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
The Lonely Road

This song is not in a battle

Hey guys

I wrote this song when I was about 12, but never got it recorded. When I wrote it, it was all in my head. I had an idea of what I wanted the instruments to sound like, but they were probably a bit different to what I've got now. I wanted to get this recording done because if I ever forgot the song then it would be gone forever. I just think that because I remembered it without recording it for about 6 years then it might be a pretty good song :P.

Vocals are a bit off key in places...

This lonely road's my only way of communication
This lonely road's the only way into my heart
I never got a chance to show what's on my mind
I never got a chance to see what I would find

And if you ever got the chance would you take my honesty?
And if you ever got the chance would you set me free?

Cus I'm locked up in here
Locked up again
This feelings still amaze me
For all this time
I like you

This mortgaged paradise leaves me a lot to pay
But I know in time that it will all be mine one day
I'll take a chance for everything we may have lost before
Cus I know that you'll just keep coming back for more

And if you ever got the chance would you take my honesty?
And if you ever got the chance would you set me free?

Locked up again
For all this time
I like you

Locked up again
For all this time
I like you

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 28th, 2009 · 10:47 AM
6 threads / 6 songs
63 posts
United Kingdom
Like the song but...
Hi

I really like the song.  Yes the vox are a bit off in places but I totally understand that

I think this could be improved massively by doing a couple of simple things:

The guitar sounds really boomy - if you can roll off some of the low end frequencies, it will allow the vocals to cut through a bit better.

Reverb - I get the feeling there is either way too much reverb or you actually recorded in a really echoey room.  A good starting place for reverb is to turn it up until you can actually notice it and then turn it back down a little bit.

I don't know if you are at all into any of this stuff but it would certainly help you get a better sound for your song (which is always a good thing)!

PRG
#3May 28th, 2009 · 10:54 AM
90 threads / 73 songs
263 posts
United Kingdom
Thanks for the review man!

I can definitely cut off the low frequencies a bit .. I'll remember that if I do a re-record at some point in the future.

I can't seem to get a decent quality from my microphone recently.. it did seem like there was reverb on the recording even before I added effects and I have no idea why.. also I couldn't get the levels right because if I set the volume too low I'd have to amplify and then I'd get too much background noise (there's still a lot now but I removed some using noise reduction) and if I set it too high I started getting all sorts of weird clipping happening in Audacity even though the sound didn't fill up the audacity screen to the top (if you get what I mean?)
#4May 28th, 2009 · 12:15 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
PRG mentioned some really useful production things, but the overall effect of the current settings is really effective. There's a good emotive vibe coming through and it's pleasant to listen to, so yeah it's a good song really. Well done!
#5May 28th, 2009 · 05:08 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Must feel good to have rubbed the Gennie at let this one out of the bag.

I quite like the song it's got a great vib. didn't really notice the vox being out of tune as I was too much into the vib.

If you need any help with the production drop me a PM with your set-up, personally I think it's a minor issue, it can be sorted quite easily.

Enjoyed it
#6May 29th, 2009 · 12:15 AM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
PRG gave you some good advice there..Song is quite good...I would move yor production to the next level.Sounds like your ready.Good show!
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 4:58 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.