46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
CBwell wrote…
Your equipment is very clean.
Curious... what language is this?
The vox are positively lovely.
Great mix.

Thank You. I think I need to do the vocals again. I have cold, so I am not hitting the right notes and sometimes the voice is too nasal. The song is in Hindi. Its one of the Indian languages . Thanks for listening.
#4May 26th, 2009 · 08:33 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Another excellent piece from you, Songwriter. Your new equipment is working fine in complimenting the talent you already possess. Excellent strong and clear vocals, I don't think you need to redo them at all and I love the drums. Would love to know what you are using for drums.... sounds like a human drummer. Also I would love to know the translation of your lyrics. Thank you for sharing this with us.
 ~ Peace ~
Fid
#5May 26th, 2009 · 09:25 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Nice clean recording..Perc just a tad hot even on the clipping side..The rotating panning gets a bit distracting after a while so I would maybe just do it in a few parts....you also seem to need compression in order to tighten up some of the perc hit snaps on the eq also the perc could have a roll off 40 hz on the low end and see what happens..Totally great vocal performance....The bigger drum sound do sound good but there only heard  a couple times towards the end..Maybe some more...Some buzzing also in there adds to some of you underlying mix noise..Some work need it to finesse but totally on the right track..Guitar tone has a very harsh sound making a hard sound to mix  but you did good with it...
#6June 4th, 2009 · 12:07 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Fiddlah wrote…
Another excellent piece from you, Songwriter. Your new equipment is working fine in complimenting the talent you already possess. Excellent strong and clear vocals, I don't think you need to redo them at all and I love the drums. Would love to know what you are using for drums.... sounds like a human drummer. Also I would love to know the translation of your lyrics. Thank you for sharing this with us.
 ~ Peace ~
Fid

Thanks You. I will put up the translation, it is going to be fairly loose though. I am using a korg drum controller thingy (I dnt even exactly know what it is supposed to be ). Thanks for listening

Marino wrote…
Nice clean recording..Perc just a tad hot even on the clipping side..The rotating panning gets a bit distracting after a while so I would maybe just do it in a few parts....you also seem to need compression in order to tighten up some of the perc hit snaps on the eq also the perc could have a roll off 40 hz on the low end and see what happens..Totally great vocal performance....The bigger drum sound do sound good but there only heard  a couple times towards the end..Maybe some more...Some buzzing also in there adds to some of you underlying mix noise..Some work need it to finesse but totally on the right track..Guitar tone has a very harsh sound making a hard sound to mix  but you did good with it...

There is definite clipping I tried to play the song in my car, and painful wud hardly begin to describe the sound I got . I noticed the rotating panning as well. But I never tried to do it. I am not sure why it happened at all. I am not sure how to compress either. Like do not have a compressor. and the software compressor in garage band doesn't seem to do much. I will add more drums. I am very new to the drum controller thing, and fairly awkward at using it. I am used to playing a live drum set Thanks for listening.
#7June 4th, 2009 · 12:37 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Well this is quite different from what you sounded like in the very beginning. I think it's a pretty interesting arrangement. There's not much I can say about it other than that, it's a pretty different view on music from what I'm personally used to. I can clearly hear the typical "world" type sound in there because of the drum and the vocal melody, but this is also some sort of pop music. So I guess I'm just going to have to listen to more of your recent recordings.

Cheers!
#8June 4th, 2009 · 01:25 PM
2 threads / 2 songs
3 posts
United States of America
The production is very clean, what kind of vocal mic did you use?  I have to agree with Marino on the panning effect, it becomes sorta overbearing, in general I think that synth/guitar melody isn't overly effective, a bit to shrill for my taste.    Overall, keep up the nice work, definitely interesting!
#9June 10th, 2009 · 04:31 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Hashaot wrote…
The production is very clean, what kind of vocal mic did you use?  I have to agree with Marino on the panning effect, it becomes sorta overbearing, in general I think that synth/guitar melody isn't overly effective, a bit to shrill for my taste.    Overall, keep up the nice work, definitely interesting!

I am using a MXL condenser microphone. I know I need to work on my guitar tones . I dnt know about panning. It just happened automatically I never like put it thr or anything

PuppetXeno wrote…
Well this is quite different from what you sounded like in the very beginning. I think it's a pretty interesting arrangement. There's not much I can say about it other than that, it's a pretty different view on music from what I'm personally used to. I can clearly hear the typical "world" type sound in there because of the drum and the vocal melody, but this is also some sort of pop music. So I guess I'm just going to have to listen to more of your recent recordings.

Cheers!

It is very pop . But I hope it is good pop . Thanks for listening. I will hopefully come up with more mature stuff as I learn to refrain to overuse the effects at my disposal
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 5:50 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.