#1May 24th, 2009 · 07:31 AM
119 threads / 90 songs
258 posts
United Kingdom
purple bra

This song is not in a battle

bit of mindless rubbish really, but i like it anywho.
i have a few little lines to this but it needs a screamy girl voice and i can't really do that!

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 5th, 2009 · 01:38 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Before this slips off the audio review page without a single comment to it,

I gotta say I really like the up-tempo beat and agressively arpeggiated lead synth. It not quite Prodigy yet (however we've all come to know you as quite the prodigal and enigmatic amper, over the years ) -- there's some really cool stuff in there. Maybe it's an idea to experiment with more "over the top" sounds, like The Prodigy does, that may give intrumentals a bit more punch. Also, if you think you can't do screamy girl vox then maybe try heavy filters and distortion and give it a go that way.

There's some parts in there that, when I first listened, made me search for an old project of mine that had very similar parts in them, but couldn't find it. I would've commented earlier if I had.

Oh, and me likez teh title 
#3June 5th, 2009 · 05:12 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
Don't like the intro but at 30 seconds is gets good- nice sound here. That lead synth is back at 1min- don't like the tone, I'm afraid. There, at 2:46, that saw synth- that's a much better sound to my ears. I would like to hear more of that and less of the main lead synth which justs sounds too computer gamey for me.

Overall, pretty good- nice trance tune.
#4June 7th, 2009 · 01:25 PM
341 threads / 59 songs
4,361 posts
Cymru (Wales)
I like this 'mindless bit of rubbish' actually.
I always have a soft spot for the big beat and the dirty sounds of techno synths. And this has lots of dirty sounds.

The beat might drag on in a few places but it cuts and weaves plenty so it stays interesting enough.
I also like the title , I can imagine some strange sample of "Purple" , "Bra" and a blood curdling scream.....
There are loads of scream samples out there if you go looking....I have a few......hmm....this is where a 'short sample depository' on bandAmp would be handy!
A scream from a bird or some other 'source' might also work?
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 2:51 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.