#1May 22nd, 2009 · 09:06 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Beyond A Drift

This song is not in a battle

Here is a piano melody I recorded about a year ago. I thought I'd share this. It's a very simple melody that has hardly any changes besides the dynamics.  I feel it is very important to give an example of how much a song can change just through dynamics alone and basically that is how I composed this piece. * I hope you enjoy it.
 * Peace ~
 Fiddlah

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 23rd, 2009 · 01:35 AM
21 threads / 16 songs
49 posts
Peru
it's a nice melody and creates a nice ambience, it probably need's some change on the chords tho.
#3May 23rd, 2009 · 11:41 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Nice piece, I feel a sence of freedom.
Like the piano sound, the synth strings are not bad, but sound a bit too bright for this piece.
Until I recently bought a Roland synth module, I didn't appreciate different string patches and how they can effect a composition.

Enjoyed it.

Cheers
#4May 23rd, 2009 · 11:02 PM
128 threads / 44 songs
2,814 posts
Puerto Rico
Totally excellent performance..I like how you color the same sound with different moods and attacks...For sure dynamics are at work here....Would love to see a vid of a performance of you on this one...Great show my amigo!Great piano playing...
#5May 25th, 2009 · 05:11 PM
13 threads / 12 songs
38 posts
United States of America
You've got inspirational sideshow music coming out of your butt!
not my style but you certainly don't suck
#6May 25th, 2009 · 07:32 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
plug5 wrote…
You've got inspirational sideshow music coming out of your butt!
not my style but you certainly don't suck

Well I really do appreciate all the positive responses and Boy I sure am glad I at least "dont s*ck" as far as Plug5 is concerned. God forbid,,,, I would have lost sleep...... whew!  LOL
Peace all *s
Fid
#7May 26th, 2009 · 01:01 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Wow! This is just lovely! Wish I could play! You make me jealous!  Do you do anything jazzy? Would love to play with some samples! Talented man! Love it!
#8May 26th, 2009 · 03:05 PM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
Thank you so much , Minds!  *Very much appreciated. I can play jazz and or blues but most of my influence is based on early childhood classical lessons and then I started playing songs from artists like The Beatles, Burt Bacharach, ELP etc. I was taking college piano theory courses at New England Conservatory Of Music at the age of 6-8 yrs old. Then I started writing my own compositions and my professor told my parents it wasn't worth them spending money on me taking lessons from them because I stopped studying what they wanted me to learn and I was already on my way of creating my own style. My mother is a concert pianist, who has played internationally. She is actually my true and real inspiration for wanting to play music at such an early age.
 But anyways, I have heard your pieces and I would love to help out and record some keys for you if you'd like. It just depends on what moods of music you have in mind.
  ~  Peace ~
John aka: Fid
#9May 28th, 2009 · 01:05 PM
121 threads / 56 songs
3,098 posts
Netherlands
Wow .. nice job!

Pretty neat play all wow... I can picture this (style) to some TV program.. It certainly does not suck indeed (although the TV program could, atleast it'll suck less with this kinda music supporting it!)

Well done!
#10June 1st, 2009 · 09:22 PM
4 threads / 3 songs
17 posts
United States of America
Roomy
Very roomy and comforting. Good piece to listen to when creating a visual masterpiece or simply just thinking of past endeavors. Soothing as well for my damaged head (too much metal). Overall, Great mix and song.... Bravo Fid.

B.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 1:17 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.