#1June 29th, 2005 · 11:27 PM
4 threads / 4 songs
31 posts
United Kingdom
Catharsis
Score: 61.2%
Battle: 2005-07

here it is as promised the full version, theres a few bits i'm not too happy with but as ever windows sound recorder is not the tool for the job and i couldn't take starting the entire piece over again for every mistake in there...so theres a few, but you get the general feel of it.

hope you enjoy it, and if you voted for the old one i hope you'll switch your vote to this one if you find time, but if not no worries, i put the songs up for the feedback not because i think they have a chance of winning

well enjoy (i hope)

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2June 30th, 2005 · 09:44 AM
8 threads / 6 songs
29 posts
United Kingdom
I like it - but could do with vocals. Search on google for a program called audacity. Its a free sound recording and editing program which is far better than sound recorder! 
#3July 1st, 2005 · 05:27 PM
8 threads / 3 songs
102 posts
United Kingdom
Scara is right, move away from sound recorder, it's ok for quick little loops, but once you wanna start pinning full tracks together you need something a little better... Get audacity and see if you carry on getting into your recording, if you do i would recomend investing in, or downloading cakewalk guitar tracks pro or something similar, that way you can get into editing out your mistakes (not that i could hear alot of them) and some multi tracking... Very nice piece though, i would never have the bhottle to even attempt fingerstyle classical, and you seem some nice tecqs on here... Keep it up!
(also, cakewalk would allow you to get rid of the high end static you get in some parts of the song)
#4July 1st, 2005 · 07:21 PM
117 threads / 55 songs
1,540 posts
Chile
nice work man!!!!
like it a lot.... makes me remember Mood For a Day, from Yes ( u may know it) with Steve Howe o guitars....is the same style; an instrumental accoustic ( in ur case and electric with semi-acoustic sound) but the idea is quite similar: play and flameco-influenced song... like ur job!
but man, get a good program to record...the sound is no the best...
ohhh, almost for get, try to make some "pass" from some structure to another: in some part it feel the songs is cut and began another. that my only musically critiq.
and a question, do u have any sort of guitar study, or classes???
#5July 3rd, 2005 · 02:11 AM
8 threads / 7 songs
113 posts
Bangladesh
I really like what you have come up with here man. I can hear many influences in there. For you to pull that off using your guitar rig and sound recorder alone is bloody awesome. Excellent work man, and keep the tunes comin!
#6July 6th, 2005 · 08:44 AM
3 threads / 1 songs
94 posts
United States of America
Nice guitar work!  I agree with the others that Sound Recorder is not worthy of your ability.  However, another way you might consider having some real fun if you got like $300 to spare is to invest in the Boss Looping Station.  You can create an infinate # of loops and make it sound as though you have an entire band playing although it is just yourself!  Keep rockin'!
#7July 7th, 2005 · 08:31 AM
117 threads / 20 songs
1,422 posts
United States of America
ah!  the day has come!  i loved this song anyway, and now it's even better.

audacity is definitely a nice choice.  find the LAME_ENC.dll though so that you can encode to mp3 straight from audacity.  asside from that, i don't have many suggestions!

the lead guitar's sound is perfect, and the varying key is well implamented.  i give cudos to you, good sir, for making sound recorder make something like this.  i would have shot myself with a staple gun and then hung myself with a toaster cord before i would have make it work as well as you have made it.

nice job, keep going with this sort of stuff!  it makes easy listening, well, easy! au voir, to all.
#8July 9th, 2005 · 08:05 AM
15 threads / 12 songs
171 posts
Canada
I liked this one. Especially around the ending. Good work.
#9July 14th, 2005 · 09:08 AM
4 threads / 2 songs
45 posts
Canada
Very nice job.  I felt like it took me somewhere.  I do agree that it needs vocals of some sort, not too much, just enough to add that finishing touch.  I like the track.
#10July 23rd, 2005 · 06:33 AM
3 threads / 3 songs
9 posts
United States of America
I always admire someone who can sit down and work out a compostion for the guitar, regardless of how it turns out. You came out pretty clean, I can hear the effort spent on this. Nice Job
#11July 23rd, 2005 · 07:40 AM
1 threads / 1 songs
31 posts
United States of America
it lacks true cool
well, the guitar is nice and does a lot, but it needs more, possibly consider doing some vocals when you are doing those triads, nice chord progressions. 

keep up the good work, you get a Not bad.
#12July 23rd, 2005 · 07:43 AM
4 posts
United Kingdom
very cool guitar riff but the sound quality isnt very good. try a program called cubass or if u have a soundscape unit use that. wick tho wick. 
#13July 28th, 2005 · 04:08 PM
9 threads / 8 songs
34 posts
South Africa
Very impressive for sound recorder.  Is that a bit of Bach I hear in there?
#14July 5th, 2006 · 05:03 AM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
velly impressed
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 26th, 2024 · 1:03 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.