#1May 17th, 2009 · 02:59 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Lullaby

This song is not in a battle

Trying to use new recording equipment for the first time. I am not really sure what to make of it. Truthfully I just hate it. It is just too poppish for me. But I would love to salvage it. It would be awesome if you guys could tell me how to improve the sound on the mix, I was trying to go for something U2ish doesn't sound like it I think

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 17th, 2009 · 05:07 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
I agree with the poppish observation...  The whole thing needs more kick!  Compress everything and boost the eq a bit on the bass!  Volume on everything needs to come up!  Maybe layer the vox a couple times... touch of verb on everything as well...
#3May 19th, 2009 · 01:46 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Ah so you've bought some new gear, What did you buy in the end?
Interesting vocal delivery, I would have liked it raised in the mix, Minds observations are interesting, worth a go.
Cheers
#4May 20th, 2009 · 01:33 AM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Yep..I definitely hear U2 in this..you should really work on this and give it a good go..i think you have some thing here..as far as any advice on the tech aspect..I'm not really one to give you any advice.. I have a hard time with that part of it all myself...work on this...

Nice Rating
#5May 24th, 2009 · 04:27 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
Thank you everyone for all the advice. Now that I have the gear I realize how painful it is to actually record . I dnt think I have ever felt procrastinating so much . But I shall not be lazy and work with the advice and upload another version which will hopefully sound better. Meanwhile thanks for listening
#6June 2nd, 2009 · 05:41 PM
30 threads / 5 songs
757 posts
Australia
Yeah agree the vocal delivery has a quality , sort of early Roxy Music , interesting direction.
Good luck with the new gear push the limits with it , bit like a new pair of shoes to be broken in but if this is your first with it then you're doing fine, only way out is up.
Nicely done mate thanks for posting.
#7June 4th, 2009 · 12:01 PM
46 threads / 33 songs
179 posts
United States of America
blakhatz wrote…
Yeah agree the vocal delivery has a quality , sort of early Roxy Music , interesting direction.
Good luck with the new gear push the limits with it , bit like a new pair of shoes to be broken in but if this is your first with it then you're doing fine, only way out is up.
Nicely done mate thanks for posting. :D

thnks for listening. I like the analogy that it is like breaking into new shoes, very interesting only I have never been so frustrated when trying to break into new shoes :P
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 3:35 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.