#1May 13th, 2009 · 10:16 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Sweet Child

This song is not in a battle

Ok. So I have this band together. We have a drummer, a guitarist, and a bassist (me). I was going to sing on this song but I've had a cold for a few weeks so I didn't. This is the first song we've recorded together and I play bass on it and I produced it. Tell me what you think of it.

This is a cover of the first few parts of the Guns N Roses classic Sweet Child O' Mine. This is only a demo of out best song to see how we sound as we're going to try and record an EP soon (hopefully). Please crit with that in mind. Thanks

-Daniel

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 13th, 2009 · 10:38 PM
181 threads / 54 songs
1,932 posts
Canada
the guitar needs work. it is somewhat of a challening song to play, but practice makes perfect. there are a few timing issues, and its very hard to get everything tight with everything.

your bass sounds sweet, although it might be too up in the mix.

keep on practicing you guys sound sweet!
#3May 14th, 2009 · 02:36 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Sounds like you guys are having fun.
IMO You need to play together a lot more before you consider doing your EP, as a band you have to work and most important of all feel the song together.
I suggest that you break the song down in parts and just keep playing that part over and over again until you get it tight together, once you do that you'll start to feel it together, at that piont it will be easier to play, plus most important of you'll enjoy it more, not that your not enjoying it now, you'll enjoy it even more.

As far as recording live, now that takes a lot of knowldge and practice, I wouldn't worry about it for now, just concentrate on working on the band.
#4May 14th, 2009 · 04:12 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Thanks for the comment and suggestions!
I'll keep that in mind
#5May 14th, 2009 · 06:53 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Oh and BTW, This all was recorded on seperate tracks. Not live, Denis.
#6May 15th, 2009 · 02:57 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
LynyrdSkynyrdFan wrote…
Ah, That would make sence, all the more you should practice together until it's tight. Try it live if you have the equipment, see how it turns out.
#7May 15th, 2009 · 07:28 PM
35 threads / 26 songs
107 posts
United States of America
Denis wrote…
LynyrdSkynyrdFan wrote…
Ah, That would make sence, all the more you should practice together until it's tight. Try it live if you have the equipment, see how it turns out.

Ok. Thanks alot
#8May 15th, 2009 · 08:14 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Not too bad... you guys just need to practice more...I can hear a lot of potential for your band... Need to work on timing..the bass is to much in the front..to loud...Denis has a very good point in breaking it down and working on it a little at a time...

Flyer
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: May 1st, 2024 · 5:38 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.