#1May 10th, 2009 · 08:05 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Fiji Islands
Isa Noqu Kai

This song is not in a battle

a song we did for a friend, whose girlfriend was going to be going to Newzealand for uni..... all this stuff about their history and everything, with a fijian chorus... note how the chorus only comes in twice, but an english sort of bridge-thingy being sung in the middle, just to let the non-fijian speakers know whats going on...

we thought that the simpler the song's components, the trippier and moodier the song would be... but now im doubting that after hearing all this awesome stuff on bandAMP..

this is deserving of a "SHAME" rating, but please tell me what u think of the song.

this was made using a 1.8Ghz computer with 256mbRAM, and FL8 running on it as well as audition. we have used Autotune extensively, and total recording time adds up to about 15 hours, not counting work on the instrumental (all instruments in the song are vsti's)....

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 10th, 2009 · 08:56 AM
189 threads / 27 songs
2,834 posts
Germany
I wouldnt use the voice pitching in such a violent way. Why not keeping it origin?
Cool rhythm and backing track. Kinda rapping reggae.
But all of the fx gear takes away the feeling of the song. No dynamic.
Maybe you spent too much time in this
#3May 10th, 2009 · 09:06 AM
3 threads / 2 songs
9 posts
Fiji Islands
true.... thanks alot for the feedback!! surprisingly we have been given the best feedback of all with this particular song... but yes, it would be better to keep it original.
we used autotune as no-one in fiji had used it before, but yes, we should keep it original.
thanks tritonkeyboarder!!
#4May 10th, 2009 · 10:14 AM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
WitnessBeats679 wrote…
true.... thanks alot for the feedback!! surprisingly we have been given the best feedback of all with this particular song... but yes, it would be better to keep it original.
we used autotune as no-one in fiji had used it before, but yes, we should keep it original.
thanks tritonkeyboarder!!

Any chance you can remix it as TK suggested, I like the song

Welcome to BandAMP
#5May 10th, 2009 · 11:39 AM
50 threads / 32 songs
292 posts
Canada
I, personally, LOVE that type of voice filter - I remember some other BandAMP member who only sings with that filter; can't remember... I think it's PotC?

Anyways, I find the vocals to be fine the way they are, but maybe lower the "fwump" sound a bit - at the beginning it pulses really bad and it just feels weird to listen to it. I think it might be the volume levels of the main beat, so try equalizing the sound... Unless it already is, then try upping the sound... Offbeat is fine, so nothing wrong there...

Once again, vocals sound great!

-XFactor-
#6May 10th, 2009 · 05:38 PM
65 threads / 2 songs
1,062 posts
United States of America
Very pro sound on this! nice use of delay! not overdone! Nice one!
#7May 11th, 2009 · 06:55 PM
23 threads / 14 songs
515 posts
Japan
Bulla
very cruisey and cool the auto tune is a nice touch.The vocal is the key to this and to highlight could drop fx on it here and there to add dynamic and variety , just a thought .
Over all very nicely done WB679 san most enjoyable listening , thankyou for sharing.
rate high   
y
#8May 12th, 2009 · 09:20 AM
30 threads / 25 songs
219 posts
United States of America
I my opinion, I wouldn't change a thing.... I love the fx on the  vocals.. it fits exactly where they need to be.
 Great groove, and as TK mentioned.... it does have a rapping reggae vibe which is totally unique.
Great job and welcome to the amp!  *would love to hear more!
Peace ~
Fid
#9May 12th, 2009 · 10:39 AM
92 threads / 12 songs
906 posts
United States of America
Yeah, this works for me as it is...I personally like the vocal effect...also like the overall vibe of the song..like the beats...Nice work!
#10May 16th, 2009 · 12:12 PM
77 threads / 45 songs
2,296 posts
United States of America
Nice song..very catchy...Nice background FX..I like the drums..nice work

nice work

Nice rating
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 25th, 2024 · 3:20 PM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.