I'll dry every tear
For you

Does this song not follow the Rules? Please Report Abuse
#2May 7th, 2009 · 03:29 PM
371 threads / 187 songs
3,394 posts
United Kingdom
Can be a nice song if you worked on it
Felt like drums & Bass were gonna come in after two bars.
Bring up the vox in the mix, try and ballance the reverb between the vox and guitar, Some timing issues on the lead guitar. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but I'm sure it will sound better with some production work.
#3May 22nd, 2009 · 03:25 PM
89 posts
Canada
See for me, I am feeling the bass coming in at about 1 min.  I think if the guitar and vocal were recorded and produced a little better, and if the pitch change and crescendo for the first chorus wasn't present, then you could have a very nice, gentle entrance.  But there ya go, "different strokes for different folks" I think is the phrase.

I would keep the bass very soft.  Other than that, I really liked 2:27, where the lead guitar comes in.  Very pleasant.  Another crazy thought:  I think it would sound really good to have the lead guitar continuing over the vocal during the last chorus.  Almost as if the vocal takes a back seat to the lead Guitar.  The layers you could create there could sound quite nice.  If you bring up the production be sure to post it again... I'd love to hear it!

Nice song, I like.
Thanks for posting it
#4May 26th, 2009 · 05:53 PM
15 threads / 14 songs
140 posts
United Kingdom
I can hear quite a good song here behind the production and recording issues (the hiss is quite loud on the guitar track and then doubles once the mic is switched on).
The 'I want you with me' line really hurts this song for me. If you hear any of my vocals, you'll know I don't profess to be any kind of a singer, so I'm not saying that I could do better, but this line doesn't come off well in my opinion.
The guitar solo sounds much more crisp and very pleasant in conjunction with the duller sounding rhythm guitar. Production and sound-wise this is the best part of the song.
For me, this is quite a good composition but the performance and production do not do it justice.
Sorry, you do not have access to post...
Wanna post? Join Today!

Server Time: April 19th, 2024 · 7:22 AM
© 2002-2012 BandAMP. All Rights Reserved.